RIP St. Louis Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us that were LA Rams fans years ago, felt betrayed when they left.

Really don't care if they come back. It will take them years to build any loyalty.

As we all know now, its just business.

I remember the old LA Rams! My dad was a big football fan and was pretty mad when they moved to St Louis and started rooting for other teams. He isn't around to see them come back to LA.

I loved when the IOC pressed our new Gov for a quick answer to hosting the Olympics. He manned up and said NO! Instead of selling the taxpayers down the river. For Sunshine promises and 3 magic beans and holding the bag for cost over runs

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I still think there are teams out there that have a great fan base and who would not move for anything. These teams respect their local fans enough to not move and whose image is tied to the city they are in.

lol

I still think there are teams out there that have a great fan base and who would not move for anything. These teams respect their local fans enough to not move and whose image is tied to the city they are in.

The only team I can think of is the Green Bay Packers. The rest of the NFL? Not a chance. They will go where the $$$ is.

Originally Posted By: sir1900

The only team I can think of is the Green Bay Packers. The rest of the NFL? Not a chance. They will go where the $$$ is.

I can only speak to the team I know and that is the KC Chiefs. I can't image them leaving and they are very close to the local fans.

I can only speak to the team I know and that is the KC Chiefs. I can't image them leaving and they are very close to the local fans.

Truthfully, no team cares about a 'local' fanbase. They care about money; it is a business, after all. If they can make more money elsewhere and it makes business sense, why not. The only exception would be the aforementioned Green Bay Packers, which is publicly owned.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Many of us that were LA Rams fans years ago, felt betrayed when they left.

Really don't care if they come back. It will take them years to build any loyalty.

As we all know now, its just business.

how did you feel when the St. Louis Rams won the superbowl?

Yawn...who cares, it's a business plain and simple, perhaps the only truly publicly owned team in the NFL,
the Green Bay Packers
have any obligation to their fan base.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

how did you feel when the St. Louis Rams won the superbowl?

It was a non-event.

As I am from STL it is sad to see them leave but not sad to see Kroenke leave. He never wanted to be here and with pockets as deep as his he would find a way to get whatever he wanted.

STL had a plan for a new stadium, unlike the other two franchises, and we still lost our team.

Kroenke is a [censored] who never wanted anything to do with the city. I'm genuinely glad to see all of his franchises with dogshit records and attendance. He should learn that putting a poor product out there will never bring in the fans, no matter how large the market is. He will eventually learn this in LA but their TV market alone will make him millions, as if the guy needs it he's married to a Walton and has 3 other professional franchises.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
I sorta remember when they moved to St. Louis. They used to have the Cardinals before that. The rams were in la before moving to st. louis.

Teams move around every so often. It is all in what tax breaks the city will give them to come there. It is just like any other business. The nfl would outsource to china if the money was good.

At least the Cardinals wanted to stay, the NFL just required a newer stadium that couldn't be funded at the time so they "had" to move.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
But here's an opportunity for the Jacksonville Jaguars to move a lot closer to their owner, who lives in Champaign, IL.

That would actually be pretty dang awesome.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
In my view, the Rams are going back home.

Until they milk that cow dry.

Green Bay has a special deal all cities should have the opportunity to use. They are the only team that can be owned by the community.

Their arrangement had to be grandfathered into place when they set/changed the NFL ownership rules.

If communities could own their teams by offering shares to those in the community who wanted to own a team, you wouldn't have billionaires with their hands out looking for the city to build a Billion Dollar stadium.

But alas, the owners don't want to give up their control.

And I can see that, if they put up the money, they should be able to have some say over their destiny.

I simply think other communities should have the right to own teams via the model in place in Green Bay.

Originally Posted By: ccap41
As I am from STL it is sad to see them leave but not sad to see Kroenke leave. He never wanted to be here and with pockets as deep as his he would find a way to get whatever he wanted.

STL had a plan for a new stadium, unlike the other two franchises, and we still lost our team.

Kroenke is a [censored] who never wanted anything to do with the city. I'm genuinely glad to see all of his franchises with dogshit records and attendance. He should learn that putting a poor product out there will never bring in the fans, no matter how large the market is. He will eventually learn this in LA but their TV market alone will make him millions, as if the guy needs it he's married to a Walton and has 3 other professional franchises.

how much money does the guy need anyway? wikipedia says he is worth 7.7 Billion and his wife ann walton is worth 4.1 billion. married couple worth 11.8 billion. yet, he's ditching his home town for more money in LA. He's from columbia, MO. I don't get it either. St. Louis is a good sports town.

With NFL TV revenues are split evenly between all 32 franchises along with jersey sales, Microsoft sponsorship, and ect. The individual franchises make their money on box seats, concessions, team store sales, and the local TV contract is a small potatoes compared to team sponsorship and ticket sales.

If the Rams do not win 5 consecutive Superbowl's the fans in LA will stop showing up like they did before. The Dodgers and Lakers are a stronger brand in LA and what is attendance and sales like when they don't win?

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

how much money does the guy need anyway? wikipedia says he is worth 7.7 Billion and his wife ann walton is worth 4.1 billion. married couple worth 11.8 billion. yet, he's ditching his home town for more money in LA. He's from columbia, MO. I don't get it either. St. Louis is a good sports town.

He will learn if he stayed in St. Louis he would make more money individually if the Rams do not win multiple championships in LA. Los Angelenos will not go to games if the team is not an perennial winners. They have better things to do then watch a losing franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back