RIP Prince Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all utter nonsense...the idea that someone is born "better" and therefore is given a special place in society, through no work/act of their own, other than being lucky enough to be born who they are.

The same can be said of people who are born into money. This British royal reality show is harmless and as long as they want to pay for it so what.

What I don't understand is since he was married to the Queen why wasn't he King Philip?
It is really just a language thing. In English (maybe also other language) the word for Queen the female King is the same as Queen the wife of King. Whereas in other languages they are different, and in some other language Philip is the Royal husband instead of prince, and there are different words for people marrying into the royal family vs those who were born with the title.

The same can be said of people who are born into money. This British royal reality show is harmless and as long as they want to pay for it so what.
You can say the same about a lot of people in power, i.e. Religion, Royal, Political dynasty, Warrior clans, etc.

Of course they are not always harmless, but that's typically how things go once someone has influence (i.e. owning media, funding, military power, energy holding, lands, etc etc), it is all in human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back