RIP My 96 Saturn SL2 - Totalled due to Hail Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've found my new ride:

-

wink.gif

^ LOL nice pontiac but some jerk smashed it with a bigfoot motorcycle.

you just have the worst luck lately.
cheers.gif

Bummer! Well, as mentioned above the pictures don't show it to be anything that would keep me from using it as a commuter. I hope somebody puts it back on the road with the salvage title - they sure would get a good deal considering the care you gave it.

The verdict is in: after the insurance company paid me for the car as a 'total', I'm keeping it until it dies, probably another 30K, as that is when the tires/brakes/muffler need to be replaced.

Also going to look at a coworker's 92 Acura V6. It has 200K but is in decent shape...it's been rock solid since they bought it 7 years ago.

I don't see why you don't get the damaged panels fixed, if they bother you and keep driving it. If you find the "right shop", you'll come out ahead.

A 1992 Acura V6 with 200000 miles, won't` improve your position. They wear out and break too, at more cost to repair, than the Saturn.

If your tired of it and want to drive something else, well that's another matter. Good Luck...
cheers.gif

It really needs struts...which local shops are wanting $900 to fix. No thanks I'm looking to find someone to work on this job for cheap on the side.

Took a look at a coworker's 96 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4 with 144K in good shape (I know the owner...he takes good care of everything he owns). No rust, good shape. Is $2000 a decent price?

TnS,

You need to find a mechanic who does work at home, to make extra money. Body Men, too. I have done this a few times and it worked out fine. Keep looking, ask some of the local parts jobbers, who they would recommend or who does work at his home. It's likely the same guy at the dealership or a good independent.

You may have already gone down this road, sorry if I make this sound easier than it is.
burnout.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back