RIP Ken block

Status
Not open for further replies.
He apparently died Jan 2 in snowmobile accident in Wasatch area of Utah when snowmobile flipped on top of him.

Rip . Meet him thru friend in rally car racing at race up Mt Washington , great guy.

This hit me the same way Chris Cornell did. Surprised, saddened, and wishing it wasn’t so. He was an all around great guy, and was exactly like a good friend of mine who also passed in his mannerisms. Same voice, laugh, etc, so I always felt like I was hearing my friend when listening to Ken talk.

Great loss the the world of motor sports for sure.

Absolute legend.

Along with his talents behind the wheel, he had an immense understanding of business and media trends. The launch of DC Shoes and the eventual sale allowed him to spring into motorsport. From there, he and the Hoonigan crew pretty much wrote the guide for an entire generation and industry of automotive visual and social media. Beyond the gymkhana series, Hoonigan has been a primary influencer in so much of the style of today's automotive content.

A few decades ago, it was "car shows" like Horsepower and Trucks on cable TV. Now it's gonzo-style guerilla video filmed by a small crew of personalities with incredibly high production value. Ken Block and Hoonigan showed the way for this type of successful production style.

Duplicate topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back