RIP Jessi Combs

We were a minute apart. I posted in General Automotive.

I always liked the shows she was in. Only 36 years old.

She was a bad As*

Last edited:
I found her amazing. Does everyone know a huge drill press fell on her and she wasn't supposed to walk ever again?
Too bad. The world needs women like her.

cry.gif

Oh NO! She was really down to earth in the shows she participated and hosted on Velocity (now Motortrend TV).

RIP Jessi

Prayers for family, friends, and fans! At least she was doing her own thing and what she loved.......

Darn it.............She was my favorite female gear head girl. She just didn't talk, she could walk the walk.
God Speed Miss Jessi.

Actually she was 39, not sure why the media can't get facts right. Yeah she was great on mythbusters as a fill in. Not much has been posted about the cause. She did a ton in her short lifetime.

God Bless her family for they are the ones left to suffer the lose
Jessi will live on with a glorified body for ever until we all meet our maker

Sad news ...
frown.gif
I liked watching her on the various shows she was on. At least she was doing something she really enjoyed.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Actually she was 39, not sure why the media can't get facts right. Yeah she was great on mythbusters as a fill in. Not much has been posted about the cause. She did a ton in her short lifetime.

Yes, she was 39. Sad some people cannot relate to fact she was born in 1980

Last edited:
Such a cool woman, she was a super welder. Knew her stuff smart good tech. No matter what anyone says, its still not worth giving your life for.
No pictures any place of the vehicle, why the big secret? There are so many things that could have been done to that vehicle and others that are setting speed records, and the rule books need to be changed to allow devices that will help save lives in vehicles like that.

Originally Posted by Exhaustgases
There are so many things that could have been done to that vehicle and others that are setting speed records, and the rule books need to be changed to allow devices that will help save lives in vehicles like that.

That vehicle was a complete disaster waiting to happen. It finally did. It looked like it was designed on the back of a cocktail napkin during a 2 for 1 happy hour. That should have stayed that way until someone foolishly managed to get enough money thrown at it, to get the thing built.

A 50's surplus fighter with the wings cut off, and an I-Beam mounted to the back with a couple of wheels bolted on. All built without a roll cage, or most any other driver protection.

The only thing that was "amazing" about it, was it took so long before it finally killed someone. If you look at most every land speed record car to date built by Cobb, Arfons, Breedlove, or the Thrust SSC Team, all were purpose designed, engineered, and built from the ground up as such. Not some chopped up, pieced together, cut rate abortion.

It's sad she had to be the one driving it when it all went south. These cars are dangerous enough when no engineering, construction, or safety expense is spared. Anything short of that is pointless suicide.

I didn't know these did these types of things in the Alvord desert. That is one desolate part of Oregon.

I didn't know of her nor watch the shows but RIP.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by Exhaustgases
There are so many things that could have been done to that vehicle and others that are setting speed records, and the rule books need to be changed to allow devices that will help save lives in vehicles like that.

That vehicle was a complete disaster waiting to happen. It finally did. It looked like it was designed on the back of a cocktail napkin during a 2 for 1 happy hour. That should have stayed that way until someone foolishly managed to get enough money thrown at it, to get the thing built.

A 50's surplus fighter with the wings cut off, and an I-Beam mounted to the back with a couple of wheels bolted on. All built without a roll cage, or most any other driver protection.

The only thing that was "amazing" about it, was it took so long before it finally killed someone. If you look at most every land speed record car to date built by Cobb, Arfons, Breedlove, or the Thrust SSC Team, all were purpose designed, engineered, and built from the ground up as such. Not some chopped up, pieced together, cut rate abortion.

It's sad she had to be the one driving it when it all went south. These cars are dangerous enough when no engineering, construction, or safety expense is spared. Anything short of that is pointless suicide.

And even when things are done right it can just as easily go all wrong. Campbell in the Bluebird K7 for example.

I would really like to know why seeing a picture of the wrecked car or why telling us all what happened is so stinking secret? I think its just plain weird all the secrecy. There are tons if pictures of fatal crashes of cars, planes etc. What is the big deal?

Last edited:
Back