RIP Eddie Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him twice in concerts here in Las Vegas. The first time he was coming off of a ski accident where he injured his leg. Looked like he was taking painkillers (needed for the injury) but he was coherent and spoke of completing rehab for the second time. The next concert was in a worse venue, and he was not very coherent. It seemed he had relapsed again. Quite a talent, glad he lasted as long as he did.

Wow, by 1987 he was already showing signs of serious aging!
Didn't care for his music, merely "background noise".

RIP

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I guess the heavy smoking combined with hard liquor did a number on his throat. I pray he had no regrets.

Yeah. There has also been a large increase in esophageal cancer among white males. Precursors include GERD and Barrett's Esophagus. It's a very dangerous and fatal cancer. RIP
frown.gif

Friend of mine died from esophageal cancer. By the time you experience symptoms, it's too late for a cure. It was like 3 months from symptoms until he was gone. Upbeat guy that exercised daily. No smoking or anything else that I was aware of. Cancer is horrible.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Friend of mine died from esophageal cancer. By the time you experience symptoms, it's too late for a cure. It was like 3 months from symptoms until he was gone. Upbeat guy that exercised daily. No smoking or anything else that I was aware of. Cancer is horrible.

That's a shame. Yeah it's very fatal. People with higher risk factors, such as GERD or Barrett's are supposed to get upper endoscopies done every 3 years, sometimes sooner depending on the severity of the dysplasia.

Rock legend!
Segar was in town last night.... best concert ever!
Go see him if he's anywhere near you. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back