RIP Charlie Daniels.

The Devil didn't get that soul … another gold fiddle awaits …
RIP, Charlie …

Guess I will uneasily ride through Wooley Swamp in Georgia tonight reflecting on how a long haired country boy who was but a simple man had such wisdom and a wonderful way of getting his thoughts across.

I can remember first hearing him in high school. Lots of great songs through the years. RIP Good Sir and Godspeed.

I'm not even a country music fan but got to see Charlie Daniels play at Gilley's in Dallas for a private industry event back in 1995. He put on a great show and his band members were in top form. It was during the whole line dancing craze and there were a lot of pretty Texas gals kicking up their heels to his music. RIP Mr. Daniels.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
I just reached out and kicked old green teeth right in the knee. Best story/song of all time

Uneasy Rider is a great song, not heard much any more.

CD"s early life was not always the best, but before he left us he definitely found the right way home. He was happy to tell the story that when he encouraged others to turn from their ways, they quickly pointed out his former rough and rowdy lifestyle, so he replied "Yeah, and I used to wear diapers too, but now I know better!".

CD, you will be missed. Thanks for music that will last forever.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Originally Posted by Barkleymut
I just reached out and kicked old green teeth right in the knee. Best story/song of all time

Uneasy Rider is a great song, not heard much any more.
Has this on an 8-track of K-Tel's 22 Fantastic Hits! Played that album a lot in my ancient rusty primer-mottled '62 Chevy II.

Saw him live at the Tri State rodeo in the mid 2000s. Awesome show except for the ding bats that kept hollering for him to play devil went down to Georgia.

Back