Riots in St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Jim Carey's character said to one of his clients over the phone in the movie "Liar Liar," "quit breakin' the law a**hole!"...this is my advice to those who don't like the way they're treated by the police...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I never understood why people go crazy and loot ... in their home city ...

It takes a special kind of person to burn their own house and neighborhood down in protest.
crackmeup2.gif

St. Louis is a very segregated state, it's only occurring in our broke, almost uneducated county...I was totally unaware until a friend of mine from out of state asked about it...

Last edited:
How many of the looters are from that area, vs from someplace else and taking advantage of a situation...

Originally Posted By: supton
How many of the looters are from that area, vs from someplace else and taking advantage of a situation...

There were handouts found from the Nation of Islam supporters. This is being instigated from outside the area, but the folks there are quite unhappy anyway.

Seems the police force is virtually all white. This does not reflect the racial balance in the city, therefore you have to blame the mayor and the police chief for not doing their job and making sure the PD reflects the community they are policing...

I remember the 'blackout' in NYC during the summer of 1977. I lived in the Bronx at that time and in the 'minority' areas there was widespread looting and rioting. People were breaking store front windows and walking away with merchandise and electronics for hours until the police started using force to stop it.

Apparently our political correctness has given the signal to these criminals that we don't have the spine to use force anymore....

PS: I don't know the particulars of the shooting of the teenager in Missouri but there is still no justification for violence and stealing as a protest.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

There were handouts found from the Nation of Islam supporters. This is being instigated from outside the area, but the folks there are quite unhappy anyway.

Seems the police force is virtually all white. This does not reflect the racial balance in the city, therefore you have to blame the mayor and the police chief for not doing their job and making sure the PD reflects the community they are policing...

I saw several black police officers on television.

I take it you are in favor of QUOTAs over a civil service merit system where tests are given to all?

Are you concerned about the lack of caucasions, Asians, Hispanics etc...in the NBA and the NFL?

I don't know how people's minds can make the connection between social injustice / racism and looting / destruction of property. If they're upset about racism, stereotyping, racial profiling, etc. then does it make sense to be seen destroying your city & stealing electronics?

Sometimes, it seems more like some folks use outrage as an excuse to go steal what they want and take their frustrations out by burning down buildings.

This behavior is in people even who attend college. It takes a spark and enough of group mentality to lead to this kind of mess. Sad but nothing new.

I attended a university and they had "riots" post major sport game. On a normal day quite a peaceful crowd.

My neighbor and I had a little chat, he is has 1 little bit and a girl

So what do ya do if cops shot ur son dead in cold blood?
His face turned whitish and u could see the anger, animalistic rage

Remember los Angeles? Ask yourself what you would have done...

Sad thing is it sets back the community for decades. Businesses leave and the residents have to leave the neighborhood to get fast food, groceries, jobs etc.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I saw several black police officers on television.

I take it you are in favor of QUOTAs over a civil service merit system where tests are given to all?

Are you concerned about the lack of caucasions, Asians, Hispanics etc...in the NBA and the NFL?

Simply? NO.

But it is "police policy 101" and almost any executive level civil servant knows this info.

It has nothing to do with 'feelings', it's normally a policy...

Originally Posted By: stockrex

That is not what happened according to the police department! The kid who was shot fought the officer for his gun to the point the officer had facial lacerations and was treated at the hospital. If you try and steal a cops gun, expect to get oen of the bullets first...

That is what has me peeved about this situation. It's like the looters, protestors, Al Sharpton and the for profit race brigade aren't even acknowledging that fact. The entire episode is a huge joke.

Bring in the marines and restore law and order. The black community and culture can only clean itself up. That statistics for black crime don't lie.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The kid who was shot fought the officer for his gun to the point the officer had facial lacerations and was treated at the hospital. If you try and steal a cops gun, expect to get oen of the bullets first...

That is party line of police. The reality of what actually happened falls between what police department releases and what "witnessed". Police statements are carefully constructed not only to protect their own but also perception of them to not further instill this. Witnesses stretch on emotion.

Camera's don't lie.

Sad all around.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
My neighbor and I had a little chat, he is has 1 little bit and a girl

His face turned whitish and u could see the anger, animalistic rage

Remember los Angeles? Ask yourself what you would have done...

Rioting, protesting, and showing anger is one thing. But looting shows the true character of the people - very low moral character. I don't know if it is these sad events that bring out the scum of the earth people who are actually doing the looting or what - maybe just taking advantage of a situation. Looters are scum low life people who deserve what they get. There is zero excuse for looting. I seriously doubt any of my friends or people I would associate with would be part of such low character activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back