Ring terminal quick disconnect for battery maintainer’s?

Does anyone sells different length 2-pin SAE ring terminal quick disconnect for battery maintainer's.

So far all I have found is 2-ft. long and 7-ft long ring terminal connectors on ebay. Guess I can buy the 7- foot and bundle up what is not needed.

s-l1600ABCD.JPG

I think they are on Amazon. May need to search some different names, who knows what they might be called. I bought one I think on Amazon after dog chewed one. (And the top of case of the battery).

I've used the 2 foot on a couple of cars - but you have to open the trunk (where the battery is) to connect. The 7 foot would allow you to connect outside the car itself, and perhaps to a battery tender that was on the floor or counter near a garaged car. Since my cars are kept outside, I had to get the 25 foot extension anyway, so I went with the 2 foot ring terminal connector.

Why not by a short extension? Also be careful with some of the cheap ring terminals. Some factories that make these don't understand that connectors are supposed to be wired a specific way (fused positive wire is female on vehicle side connector so that the live positive is protected from shorting to ground). I've seen quite a few cheap Chinese chargers, solar panels, and charge controllers that have incorrectly wired power sources and connectors that work only with that device, but will cause magic smoke and blown fuses if you tried to use them with a Battery Tender or similar reputable charger. It's so prevalent it's the main reason Noco chose to use a proprietary connector on their chargers and lots of Amazon and eBay vendors sell polarity changers so that their incorrectly wired products will work with properly wired charge leads.

Originally Posted by HorseThief
Why not by a short extension? Also be careful with some of the cheap ring terminals. Some factories that make these don't understand that connectors are supposed to be wired a specific way (fused positive wire is female on vehicle side connector so that the live positive is protected from shorting to ground). I've seen quite a few cheap Chinese chargers, solar panels, and charge controllers that have incorrectly wired power sources and connectors that work only with that device, but will cause magic smoke and blown fuses if you tried to use them with a Battery Tender or similar reputable charger. It's so prevalent it's the main reason Noco chose to use a proprietary connector on their chargers and lots of Amazon and eBay vendors sell polarity changers so that their incorrectly wired products will work with properly wired charge leads.

Just what I learned. You can also just use the wrong connector, and flip it on the battery. In other words put black ring terminal on batt positive. Red ring terminal to batt negative etc.

get a short, regular extension cord & leave the battery maintainer in the engine compartment (obviously after the engine cooled down) /

Well the 7-ft long version's on the bay have had the fuse section and ring terminals added.

It would be nice to find something that has not been cobbled together.

s-l1600ABCDE.JPG

Well I am still looking for a six foot long ring terminal cord
The no name versions from ebay (picture in above post) are junk.
Batteryminder used to sell RTA-7215 don't know why they dropped the part.

Back