Rigid Industries 3 Way Switch for Auxillary Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question regarding connecting light wiring to a switch.

It is for a new set of Rigid 360 Series 4" lights with backlight for my daughter's little Jeep Renegade. I also purchased Rigid's 36360 wiring harness with 3-way switch. Unfortunately, they did not provide a wiring diagram for the switch tabs. The wires that connect to the switch are red, blue, white, and two black. Does anybody know which wire connects to which tab? The tabs are labled 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, and 3b.

Any help would be appreciated. She's been bugging the heck out of me to get these wired up!

Here are some pics to show what I mean...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You need a DVM and you would have it figured out in a minute or two.

Remember (unlike house wiring) black is likely to be ground, red to be positive.

If it were a boat there are published standardized wiring colors for things.

Originally Posted by Donald
You need a DVM and you would have it figured out in a minute or two.

Remember (unlike house wiring) black is likely to be ground, red to be positive.

If it were a boat there are published standardized wiring colors for things.

I wouldn't even know how to work one. I may actually have one, though, so someone might need to talk me through it if I can find it.

I've got the wires run beautifully, weather proofed, and cleanly and spliced to the lights. I was also able to get the switch wire bundle through the firewall through a plug that is where manual transmission linkage passes, but for autos like ours, it is just a rubber plug. It was a bear, but it comes in right under the dash and makes for a clean straight run to the switch location, which will be very near the headlight control quadrant. All is cleanly run and OEM looking.

If nobody here is able to help with plugging the wires to the switch, I can hopefully get through to technical support at Rigid Industrues tomorrow. They are in Arizona, so it will be 8am MST, which is 10am, for me. I also emailed them. I hope to have these little lights shining soon!

Here is how they are mounted. On paper, they are supposed to be very bright. Rigid lights tend to back that up in the real world so we're pretty excited about seeing how they do on dark country roads and trails. I've got dually side shooter flood lights on the cowling of my Jeep and they are outstanding. These will certainly be at least comparable. I'll post up some pics when they are lit, too.

Last edited:
Might help to know what the three-way does. Does the switch itself light up? Can the fogs be run independently? What color wires come out of the lamps themselves? What color is on the fuse portion?

Originally Posted by eljefino
Might help to know what the three-way does. Does the switch itself light up? Can the fogs be run independently? What color wires come out of the lamps themselves? What color is on the fuse portion?

The switch lights up, plus lights on plus back lights within the lights. The wires from the harness are red, blue, white, and two black. I'm pretty sure the white is for the backlighting because a white wire comes from the lights themselves, along with red and black. That would leave the blue for the switch light, if I guess correctly.

So the settings are off, backlight (in the fogs) and fogs on.

Last edited:
One more shot. I'll get the backlighting when it gets darker. It looks pretty neat. The main lights are VERY bright!

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back