Ride for fun, its great

1612783736294.png

I wish I could buy a bike. $4000-$5000. TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS If someone could help me find a new mountain bike small 27.5" full suspension, medium low travel with decently low standover height.............point me in that direction!

PS If someone could help me find a new mountain bike small 27.5" full suspension, medium low travel with decently low standover height.............point me in that direction!
It’s not absolutely necessary to go all out. A decent road bike with quality components is considerably less than that.

I was bicycle commuting a few miles every day a few years ago. It was enough that I could skip the gym if I did it both ways. A net time and money saver.

If I did it the whole week I would feel it just a little Friday afternoon. (Summer thunder showers necessitated a fair number of wifely pickups).

It’s not absolutely necessary to go all out. A decent road bike with quality components is considerably less than that.
All out for a mountain bike is above $8000-$10,000+. I should be able to get a decent mountain bike for $5K or so. But that's not really my point at all - I simply cannot find a bike to purchase. All the bike companies have been zero stock since the middle of last year. It's really a terrible situation for the consumer. Used bikes, selling for new prices, just crazy.

There are some frames popping up, but then you get stuck, no components, BUT there is a bit more freedom to mix and match, therefore some advantages to be had over bike manufacturers making certain said models.

There are decent used bikes all over. Odds are you know someone who bikes, leverage them and you'll likely find something affordable.

Back