Revolver in an Ultrasonic cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trolling the net about this. US cleaners seem to be the bees knees at the XD site. Has anyone tried a revolver in one?
My questions about this are: 1. Do you totally take down the gun or just dunk? 2. What liquid do you use? 3. How many times on average do you change the fluid? 4. What is your post US regimen?

I have an industrial ultrasonic cleaner. It does a perfect job with my Ruger MKII. I simply remove the grips and dunk the gun. No need to disassemble, as it cleans it properly and fully.

I simply clean the bore with a brush to remove lead deposits.

I would worry about doing a whole gun for the simple face the cleaner is going to get into the internals and strip away any lubrication. I have used my small unltrasonic cleaner on things like AR15 bolts with good success.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I would worry about doing a whole gun for the simple face the cleaner is going to get into the internals and strip away any lubrication. I have used my small unltrasonic cleaner on things like AR15 bolts with good success.

Yes, it does fully clean off grease and oil. However, in the case of the MKII, it's easy to re-oil it by saturation with spray Corrosion-X. Then wipe off the excess.

The entire process is quick, easy and works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back