Returned Supertech, bought Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to start using supertech since it is inexpensive, and I do frequent oil changes,but I returned it and bought 68 qts of chevron texaco Havoline for .68$ a qt at Target. Did I do good?

I'll say you did good. I pay between .99 and 1.08 for that oil.

I went and checked the local Target (not too local either) and it was .99.

Fine job
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by fordhead:
I was going to start using supertech since it is inexpensive, and I do frequent oil changes,but I returned it and bought 68 qts of chevron texaco Havoline for .68$ a qt at Target. Did I do good?

Fordhead, I would say that unless you own a lube shop, that oil will last you a looooonnnnnggggg time
shocked.gif
-Joe

68 quarts, fordhead!? That's between 2 1/2 and 3 years' worth for most drivers. Uh, what would your reaction be if "SM/GF-4" oil is introduced next year?...

Where are you gonna keep 68 quarts? My wife was giving me crap when I brought home 5 more bottles of the Syntec 0w30, so I had to sneak in the 5 I bought on Monday after work and hide it in the closet.
smile.gif

I keep it on the floor of the spare bedroom closet. I am not worried about a new oil coming out because I drive an 86 bronco 2, and my wife drives an 89 bronco 2, so Im sure this oil will work fine.

I went into my local Target store, and walked by the auto section....
there was a guard posted and he was holding a piece of paper with a drawing (like a mug shot sortof..) of a person with a head shaped like a Ford....he was checking everybody out as they walked by the aisle with the oil on it.....
guess the word got out......
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ZR2RANDO:
I went into my local Target store, and walked by the auto section....
there was a guard posted and he was holding a piece of paper with a drawing (like a mug shot sortof..) of a person with a head shaped like a Ford....he was checking everybody out as they walked by the aisle with the oil on it.....
guess the word got out......
wink.gif

lol.gif
Good One!!!
lol.gif
-Joe

Hi,
I'm just gettin over the forum flak on Castrol Syntec(which 5w-50 gave me good Blackstone numbers at 5K+ miles), and now this stuff about Havoline(EQUILON)oil! I'm using the EQUILON made Havoline Synthetic 5w-40.What's so bad about that oil? Is the new Havoline really superior?Guess I'll run M-1 for the long haul this summer.
Ron
confused.gif

I don't think anyone said the Equilon oil was bad per se. I said it wasn't as good as Chevron and maybe not as good as SuperTech. Equilon has a lot of extra capacity and I expect Shell will sell off some of that capacity for SuperTech and other house brand oils. Since I have pretty good luck with the local WallyWorld changing my oil for $11.84 and prefer bottled oil to bulk, I'll probably continue the practice.

I can't remember any analysis on Equilon group III whether Havoline or Shell. I thought the Shell dino was relatively light on additives.

Equilon is history, and partly replaced by Motiva.

"As of March 1, 2002, Equilon Enterprises LLC is now Shell Oil Products US."

"Motiva Enterprises LLC is an oil refining, lubricants and retail business operation owned by Shell and Saudi Refining Inc. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we refine and market gasoline to more than 22,000 Shell-branded and Texaco-branded gasoline stations together with our affiliate Shell Oil Products US.

"Company assets include four refineries, capable of refining approximately 860,000 barrels per day (bpd)...."

Ken

I think he's been to Longview, Tx. I went to Target there today, and there wasn't a single quart of Havoline motor oil left!
mad.gif
I missed out on this one!

"He who hesitates..."
tongue.gif

WHOOHOO! Went to a local mall that is always empty but has a Target and found shelves of Havoline and Chevrone Supreme for .68 cents each!
Got my fill to the tune of 14 quarts that came out, with tax, to just over $10.

The Chevron was almost gone but there were at least 50-75 more quarts of the Havoline.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back