Retail oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, how many of you have access to Amsoil/Redline on the shelf at a local retail store? Here in South Jersey I've recently found that a few specialty, high performance shops carry Amsoil. I recently bought 5qts of Redline from N. Jersey at $7qt.

Buster, I personally have never seen Amosil or Redline (or Royal Purple, for that matter) in any retail store. But there is a store in a city about 25 miles to the west of me that sells Amsoil for motorcycles (and not for cars and trucks-I asked them). I have seen a Redline collant additive in a performance store, and I have seen what apparently was an oil supplement using Royal Purple additives. I do believe that Redline is sold in some stores in the Denver, CO area.

Buster,

No immediate sources for either of which I am aware. Nearest Redline apparently is in Denver.

Here in SE Michigan, Murray's Discount Auto Stores carry Amsoil 5w30 and 10w30...guess I'm just really lucky!

I haven't seen Redline locally. But I have occasionally seen Amsoil. A few auto parts stores have had some limited selection of Amsoil product, prices ranged from $8 - $10 a quart. One of them was a NAPA, and I was just recently there, and Amsoil was no longer on the shelves.
dunno.gif

There is a major regional retailer that sells Amsoil, but it's the XL7500 series only, and it's priced around $5.00 a quart. Mobil 1 at this store is now $4.59 a quart.

THere is a movie rental place about 20 miles north of me that sells (has in stock) every engine lubricant that Amsoil offers (except for HD SAE 30) which he will be getting in soon. He sells it all at the Amsoil retail price. He also has all of the oil filter available and a few air filters.
He told me he has had a few customers with problems and Amsoil has backed the product and warrenty 150% every time.

Not in retail stores, but you can find Redline and Amsoil up here at various speed shops, but at some pretty steep prices. For example, one major chain of speed shops sells Redline for $22 CDN per quart! (for comparison GC 0w30 is $6.66 per quart, M1 is $7.12 per quart)

some of the napa stores here in tidewater va are starting to carry a large range of the amsoil line. 5.80 a qt for the atm 10-30. funny, they looked at me like a alien when i mentioned royal purple. never heard of it, at least at the napa stores i've visited here. i've heard napas elsewhere are sources to buy it.

A non-chain auto parts store here in St George carries a large inventory of Amzoil fluids. I really haven't checked the prices since I don't use it. Another carries a limited amount of Royal Purple but the price seemed very inflated when I checked a couple of years ago. Haven't found any Red Line.

I have only seen redline at a speed shop that closed down last year. Never seen Amsoil on a shelf.

Torco (Which I have had great sucess with, no I'm not affiliated) seems to be getting more popular though.

A speed shop local to me sells Redline lubs. I got MT-90 for $8.95 / quart.

Another speed shop (which is closed down now... wonder why). Was selling M-1 10w-30 for $9.99
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

-John
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back