Rest assured, your money is being spent wisely

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Bridge to Microsoft’ Is One of Puget Sound Prizes in Stimulus
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&refer=conews&tkr=MSFT:US&sid=aT9qd5b61LgU

So let me get this straight, a company that has more cash on hand than we can dream about gets "help" to pay for things it can easily write a check for ???!?!?!

We're not talking about a company in debt that it strapped for cash to survive. We're talking about cash, on hand, they could spend for the sake of their own business. Cash...remember that word?

I know I can rest well at night knowing that my kids' money is being spent wisely.

The only decisions politicians make are to repay contributers and lobbiests. The others decisions are made by following the rest of the politicians. If you haven't figured it out yet!!!

Refreshing that just the losers and runts-of-the-litter businesses aren't getting special treatment...

If your city is blessed with a successful employer, and commuters tie up the streets... why not lay some tarmac?

Remember, when the trains stop running... then you have a problem.

Quote:
The world’s largest software maker will contribute almost half of the $36.5 million cost.

Quote:
The city of Redmond says the overpass will relieve congestion on other streets and support a big employer in the region...

Quote:
...the project will create construction jobs, Campbell said.

In other words, the project will help both the city and the company, so both the city and the company are paying for it.

I don't see a problem.

I wish they'd stop calling it a "stimulus" package. It's a wish list of the new people in Washington... has nothing to do with economic stimulus.

I suppose the bridge will be the property of the city, and not owned by Microsoft. When MSFT decides to move to India, the ownership of this bridge will not create any problems. I wonder if the city will be collecting property tax on this bridge, since it currently is not connecting any public roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back