Resolving Issues with Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has an issue with using Amsoil in a particular application and is not satisfied with the results they are getting please give me a call @ (256) 681-3590 (cell #) and I'll give it a shot. One of my main goals is to make sure Amsoil users are getting excellent results, regardless of who they are actually buying the stuff from ....MSparks and Pablo are also very knowledgable about Amsoil and I'm sure they would be glad to assist you as well ....

Amsoil makes world class products, but their technical support at the local retail level could be a bit more professional. That's where the three of us can be very helpful ....

thanks,

Tooslick

[ February 15, 2004, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I really really think Amsoil needs more dealers like TooSlick, Pablo and MSparks! In fact, I think Amsoil would be doing itself a huge favor if it offered to give seminars to it's dealers to better train them at how they give out advice to their customers.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I really really think Amsoil needs more dealers like TooSlick, Pablo and MSparks! In fact, I think Amsoil would be doing itself a huge favor if it offered to give seminars to it's dealers to better train them at how they give out advice to their customers.

I agree 1000% I was a dealer at one time (If you can call it that). Basically the emphasis in the monthly rag was snapshots at the real successful jobbers/sales people. It make you feel so inferior seeing these folks. But far and away the message was sell-sell-sell. The technical part of the program was sadely lacking.

But that was then-probably not a fair comparison.
smile.gif

People harp on Amsoil's MLM approach, including me, but great dealers such as TooSlick clearly show that there is an upside.

BTW - I switched from Mobil 1 to Amsoil after getting some excellent help last summer from an Amsoil dealer while researching oil for my boat. I plan to submit my first UOA on Amsoil this Feb (S2K 0W30).

AMSOIL has recognized this for years. They have offered training courses, and a lot of dealers have gone through them. However, most dealers dabble at it, and may not feel that paying a couple hundred bucks for the training and demonstraters was in their range.

AMSOIL is now in the process of putting out a Dealer Training Series. First one was Lubrication I, recent one was Lubrication II. Coming are Engine Oils, Mobil Drive Train Fluids, Filtration, Oil Analysis, Fuel Additives and Greases. At $20 a pop, well within the reach of any serious dealer. (Heck, Noria offers a course on how to grease a bearing for about $150)
For those who really want to get serious, AMSOIL runs a 4 day training session in conjunction with a Superior WI Technical College. Covers a whole lot of subjects and does a good job. Everyone I've talked to who has attended has felt it well worthwhile. Again, the average dealer is probably not going to feel the the cost of the training, plus transportation and lodging, is in his/her price range or zone of interest.

TS, thanks, I think it's great we have knowledgable guys on here like you, Pablo, and MSparks. Amsoil makes a great product. I think the training aspect they are going to provide is excellent. I think many, like myself, get a bit frustrated at times because of some of the BS dealers we've come across. BITOG is clearly helping people become more educated with oil. Amsoil is also aware of this website.
cheers.gif

Speaking for myself, I am pleased to see more professional and knowledgeable people becoming Amsoil dealers.

Amsoil has needed an infusion of technical people for some time, because an increasing number of people are becoming more educated about oil (mainly due to BITOG, IMHO) and asking tougher questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back