Resetting vehicles computer via disconnect of batt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disconnected the negative, then positive cables on the battery. I am going to leave it like this overnight. Will this reset the computer, and will it clear out the transmission shift patterns?

It will clear out the engine run patterns too.

If it is anything like my friend's Tundra, let it learn to run around the neighborhood before pulling into traffic.

Last edited:
Some transmission computers cannot be cleaned via battery disconnect,this saves the "learned" info for future driving/shift patterns.For instance the Chrysler UltraDrive/41TE..etc family.

Does anybody know if this gen Accord can be reset via a battery cable disconnect. I have disconnected the negative cable only and nothing came of that. This time I did neg and positive, would that make any difference?

I disconnect the neg thermal and press the brake peddle several times to remove any residual charge. Then reconnect the battery and you're good to go.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I disconnect the neg thermal and press the brake peddle several times to remove any residual charge. Then reconnect the battery and you're good to go.

Yes, that is what I have done before but I hold the brake pedal down for 60 seconds. I noticed no difference in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back