Request for a new Forum Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a few requests for a Food/Beverage Forum. Is there enough interest to make this a viable forum topic? Your thoughts are appreciated.

cheers.gif

Cool.

Coffee. Beer. Tripe. Aussie meat pies and chickens cooked in clay ovens.

What says love better than duck guts on a stick?

BiTOGers love to eat, and eat well oiled.

Great place to log recipes!

Manifold meat pie! Turbo burrito.

BITOG has 9200+ members. Never too many, and never too many forums.

Besides - great bragging rights. 97% male forum (?) and we have a recipe/food/dining/bev forum. Imagine googling for a good duck chorizo sausage recipe, Limburger quiche, or prune danish recipe? The top 5 hits are all from a LUBRICATION site! Who knew?

And I know there are outdoorsie types here - especially those real men downunder - I mean how do you scrape the remaining fuzz off a howler monkey after you burned the fur off? What kind of wine goes with a water buffalo based spaggy bol sauce? And what kind of wood should I use to smoke my prize Barramundi?

Good idea!

maybe we should have a health and personal grooming habits forum too!
cheers.gif

I don't care what new forums you want to create but all the other forums here are automotive/lube related, with the exception of humor and off topic. A forum such as food is so far removed from the idea this site was started as that I would hate to see a trend of moving off course. I would prefer to see this site stay at it's core, nothing but real information and discussion about car stuff. if we want a database of recipies make a sticky topic for a couple of months in OT. then link on the homepage it once it is un-stickied. otherwise I think the OT forum is handling the OT stuff just fine.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

BTW I have nothing against food specifically, I'll probably contribute to whatever you come up with for the food idea. I'll certainly eat any food you guys want to come over and cook for me!
128.gif

Sure, food's cool.

offtopic.gif

How about a Classic Car forum? Pre-80's rides and what not. Also I still think Auto RX should have its own forum, but then again I'm a fool for clutter.

Just finished a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and am now nibbling on a Heath Bar.

Just call me Blubbo.

Burp.

Grab can.

Open can.

Consume contents.

Toss can in trash.

Toss plastic spoon nabbed from deli in trash.

Burp.

Repeat as needed.

It'd be funny if a vicious discussion over extra virgin olive oil broke out.
cheers.gif

Funnier if the food section went nuts, gobbled bandwidth (so to speak) and had to be sold/spun off. Kind of like when ebay was a consulting company and auctionweb was just one programmer's side project.

Working at the local independent grocery store on weekends.... in the delicatessen. Only one there. Allowed to nibble as part of the hiring agreement.

Copious choices. Bountiful grub. Hot, cold, pre-packaged and made-on-the-spot.

El scarfo!!!!!

Just call me the belly that walks and talks.

Burp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back