Report on FUEL POWER use: Great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased a gallon each of LUBE CONTROL and of FUEL POWER from Odis Beavers.

Terry Dysons and MolaKules comments (and report which I've now read) on these products -- and based on the solid comments each have made on a number of questions this board has posed -- convinced me the products were worth a try.

(And it didn't hurt that Odis is just up the road from me, so to speak.)

While the use of Lube Control has yet to be verified for results in my case of three cars (an analysis of LC usage and dose levels in a current fill of 0W-40 in the wifes' Jeep is due in about a month [and the current UOA has now been posted]), it has worked as promised in small machinery around the house.

It has certainly worked well in an aging rack & pinion in a 1979 Ford Fairmont as "morning sickness" has been eliminated from a 24-year old, 62k mile component, hopefully allowing a longer time before its' inevitable replacement. (More info from my experience with LC as time and testing allow).

It is the success of my use of Fuel Power that I would relate to those interested.

In my 1971 Chrysler it has (as did LUCAS Fuel Additive) smoothed out the idle considerably, especially after a hot soak. Unlike LUCAS I am not seeing additive build-up/discoloration on the sparkplugs, a real plus on this tired, 32-year old motor at 135k with two cylinders oiling a fair amount.

Immediately after purchasing these products my wife and I made a 2,030 mile round-trip to Chicago from Dallas. I had used one double-dosage of FP in this 2001 Cherokee (242-6, 2WD, automatic and option-loaded) for a single 350-mile tankfull in the days prior to departure.

The trip was made with the recommended dosage of an additional 1-oz LC per 1000-miles to the motor oil. The oil/filter were changed (fresh fill of M1 0W-40, and 3-oz of LC; LC also added in Molakules small recommended dose in auto trans and power steering -- these are both slated for a near future fluid change).

This same trip has been made on three earlier occasions: same roads, same weather, same weight loadings. Same speed as well (GPS-corrected 68 mph at 2,150 rpm). Used, as always, Mobil 87-octane, as well as a tank of Citgo.

Previously this trip returned mpg figures of 18-20 mpg, mostly at 18.5-19.75, for a median of 19 mpg.

Mileage this trip was a high of 24.75 mpg, and a low of 20.62 (10% ethanol in that fill on heavily loaded return trip. Outbound vehicle load was approximately 360-lbs, and return was 860-lbs [vehicle was nose high, a bit]); the median was 22.54 mpg.

I believe it could have gone higher had I been the only one driving, but had son behind wheel w/o cruise control a fair portion to impart some hard-earned driving/traffic-management techniques which ate into smoothness on the return trip.

While the numbers are nice, the difference between the mileage figures wound up being pretty well one "free" tank of fuel per every four/five, overall for highway cruising.

The car now idles more smoothly than ever before, and throttle response is noticeably more sensitive. The vehicle is a distinct pleasure to drive as a result. (Better than new, IMO!!)

These figures represent odometer readings on the car which covers 15k through the current 50k.

The mileage figures above are all since the 30k period to leave any high friction numbers alone as a result of slow break-in on this low rpm, straight-six engine. (First trip saw mpg as low as 17).

The cost of Fuel Power more than repaid its purchase price with this one trip. And I've barely used that gallon thus far!

I am looking forward to ideal conditions to test the maximum possible highway fuel mileage for this car. I was always quite disappointed that this lightweight little SUV was no better on fuel use than my nearly 5000-lb, longer-and-wider-than-a-Suburban 383-4V Chrysler.

And, as the cost of fuel drops dramatically with mileage increases through about 20 mpg, that point has always been the "magic number" in my mind in terms of tuning and in maintenance goals.

Higher numbers mean less and less to the old pocketbook in percentage terms beyond 20 mpg for the vehicle types we own and enjoy (rather, once 20 mpg is established on the older cars, tuning for power can again be addressed for a final perfect "dial-in").

To say that I am pleased with FUEL POWER is an understatement. I am very pleased to recommend it to anyone considering its use.

(And, no, I have no relationship with its owner beyond enjoying a glass of iced tea on the back porch).

Odis provided a sample of the FP to me when I purchased the LC but I have not seriously tested it. I will try to do so soon. Sounds impressive. I am trying the mixture of Schaeffer's 132 and LC 3:1 in two engines now and should have some results later this summer.

Actually I did try the FP on one tank of my Isuzu Rodeo on a trip and it did get higher then normal mpg but that was a one shot deal not really too scientific.

Can anyone help with a source to find these 2 products? I'm very interested in the Fuel Power product. Thanx, Rando

TanSedan gets TEA - all I got was a tall glass a refreshin' water. Just kiddin. I did think it was might kind of Mister Odis ta visit a while when me an the boys dropped by last weekend for a gallon of LC/FP. That thar Terry fellar did barge in on the phone though.
smile.gif

The youngest son's Civic has been acting up some so we put a glug of FP in an went up ta Muenster for a little early supper. I drove back through the rolling hills south of Muenster to Decatur and his Civic on cruise handled them just fine. This is the first batch I've bought but so far so good. Keith

[ June 08, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: springnr ]

I have been using the Fuel Power in my 02 Silverado with the 5.3. It is also a 4x4 with the Z71 package. I have noticed my fuel mileage increased when I run FP. I usually was getting 15 to 17 mpg and now get 17 to 19. I have noticed that when I took this last trip up the road for a total of 110 miles round trip on the interstate pushing 80 to 90 mph that I still got 17.8mpg. I'm very pleased with FP. I have been treating my wifes van as well as my parents truck, on their last trip up here from Orlando to visit.

Just remember not to try to store it in anything but a number 2 recycleble container. I put some in an old Amsoil PI bottle that was a number 1 and the bottle got really, really soft. I thought I was being thrifty using a convienent bottle to add it to my tank with I almost learned the hard way.
shocked.gif

Odis has some handy little squirt containers that work great I bought along with my FP/LC purchase.

Am currently "off" the FP use after the 2000-mile trip (which was 47-49k odo reading) and am now at 50k plus (car was in body shop for two weeks so mileage accumulated has slowed past normal), and will see what the vehicle does in a before/after scenario of 2k off/2k on for her business use.

I "overused" FP slightly (a touch more, "just in case" on the trip) and will now use it more sparingly -- although in both cases the recommended guideline is being followed. A matter of emphasis, if you will.

The other two cars (carbuerated, 1970's) have had but few miles recently, but that will change. Am swapping carbs on the 200-6 Ford Fairmont (from oem Holley 1946 1-V to a Holley 5200 progressive 2-V to -- hopefully -- help get mileage and driveability up now that car can legally be desmogged [still passed all emissions testing with large margins, and engine has over 180-psi in every cylinder]). Won't be able to get the same mileage acculumulation as the Jeep, but ought to be able to give some facsimile of efficacy as to smoothness/gas octane/tuning.

It will be a while before I can address fine-tuning the Chrysler.

(But the lawnmower loves it!)

[ June 12, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: TheTanSedan ]

Remember troops you heard it here first on BITOG.

Support this site and more gems like Schaeffers Lubes, Auto-RX, LC/FP can be found out to save you money and equipement wear.

After using Fuel Power in every tank of gas for the last 8,000 miles I notice one change. My 350 Chevy before FP would require 89 octane minimum and still had a little spark knock. Now using FP with 87 octane I have almost no spark knock, similar to using 93 octane before the FP treatments.
I never noticed any change in fuel mileage which I keep track of every week. But the money I am saving by using cheap gas is more then paying for FP.
cheers.gif

What acctually is Fule Power and Lube controll? Do you use them every tank of gas and how much do the cost on average? Thanks!

Chris B.
Fuel Power:Gas additive. Power & economy gains.1oz to 5 gal gas

Lube Control:Oil additive.Cleaner & anti-oxidant.Search for ratio & "brew"

Mark

[ July 11, 2003, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

offtopic.gif
Well you guys have done it now, I've heard enough. It's bad enough when I talk with Terry and he reminds me how nice the rual towns of Texas are, then here comes TheTanSedan talking about Dallas and iced tea. Now I start to get a little home sick since I lived in Dallas for 42 years, then I remember the Metroplex traffic and come back to my sinces. All of a sudden here comes springnr and starts talking about Muenster and Decatur. THAT'S IT! Someone tell me where Odis lives, I'm coming down for some back porch ICED TEA.
grin.gif

Johnny, that's a good way to wake up on Saturday -- some guy being homesick for one of the hottest and most polluted metro areas in the US -- that gave me a good chuckle. Of course, get out towards Stephenville or back towards Paris, there's mighty good reasons for a guy to be homesick.

HINT: Odis lives roughly between two lakes, north of Dallas.

Just e-mail Terry for contact info, Odis isn't hard to get ahold of.

Odis is about one of the nicest guys you could talk to,he called me on Friday just to see how I was making out,he honestly cares about his customers and treats you like he's known you for years.
smile.gif

The brew is mentioned above (Schaeffers # 132 and LC at a ration of 3:1, the 1 being LC) I have this in four vehicles now, none ready for UOA yet. However, on my daughter's 4 cyl Merc. Zetec engine with 81,000 miles this has had piston slap since we got it, about 5 years ago. Summer,winter it has piston slap until it warms up. Always used Amsoil 10W30 and last two years the 0W with a filter at 6 months. I changed the filter a week ago and added 6 ounces of the BREW with the top off. Next day thought it was a coincidence but no piston slap. This week she is home again and I did the first start of the day yesterday, it is so quiet it is unbelievable. Is this permanent if I use the Brew, will see. Most of this is probably the #132 effect rather then LC but whatever, after 5 years a quiet engine.

UOA on one of the engiens should be coming up in a month or so.

Spector,

Thanks for posting. Will be interested in seeing the results. Glad to hear those irritating noises are gone.

Thanks for letting me know not to buy this stuff.

Steven

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Decca, BEWARE not the same stuff. Odis is not online nor do they have UK connection yet !

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back