Replacing PP 5W-30 with PP 10W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I found a lot of stock of Penzzoil Platinum 10W-30 at my local store and they offered me a good price (8.87 $) Per Quart. I like the offer and I want to buy it for multiple oil changes. My car currently uses 5W-30 with no issues but I never used 10W-30. Should I change or it's not worth?

Thanks

Wally World has PP 10W30 for $24.97 for 5qt jug and qts for $6.64 here in Illinois. $8.87 is not a good price. Since you live in the desert.....Yes, in my opinion, you could use 10W30 oil.

Originally Posted by Marco620
That is not a good price;even if it was PUP 10w30. What type of car and engine?I think you should stay on 5w30.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Wally World has PP 10W30 for $24.97 for 5qt jug and qts for $6.64 here in Illinois. $8.87 is not a good price. Since you live in the desert.....Yes, in my opinion, you could use 10W30 oil.

I think our prices are more expensive than yours. before it was labeled for (16.50 $) per quart maybe they are charging for the shipping too because it's imported from USA.

You can switch no problem! I switched my Cadillac to the same oil because I got a nice price on a large amount of it.

Originally Posted by John344
Greetings,

I found a lot of stock of Penzzoil Platinum 10W-30 at my local store and they offered me a good price (8.87 $) Per Quart. I like the offer and I want to buy it for multiple oil changes. My car currently uses 5W-30 with no issues but I never used 10W-30. Should I change or it's not worth?

Thanks

Where exactly is your desert?

Originally Posted by John344
Originally Posted by Marco620
That is not a good price;even if it was PUP 10w30. What type of car and engine?I think you should stay on 5w30.

Originally Posted by oldhp

I think our prices are more expensive than yours. before it was labeled for (16.50 $) per quart maybe they are charging for the shipping too because it's imported from USA.

Dude this sounds like an auto parts store....$8+ per quart is WAY expensive.

That said, in the desert, especially in summer, 10w30 will be fine. Winter will depend on your local low temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back