Replacement for 2T in chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the 2T in the Stihl BR600 as well as all my other 2-cycle needs at 50:1, but the supply is running low.

Looked at the Sabre and the Dominator and would like to know which is better mainly for the saws...I plan to use in the rest of the equipment also.

Needless to say I want the most protection, these motors run pretty hot and this is where i'm not sure about the Sabre or Dom being more practical.

Thought about the Klotz and Redline also, able to get both locally. Saw is a Husky 372xp if that matters.

Stihl makes a fully synthetic two stroke oil in the white bottle. It is double the price of the regular stuff, but it may be one to consider.

If you want the more protection, you may wish to bump your mix to 40:1 or 32:1. "Cujet" on this board has evidence if I'm not mistaken of significantly less 2 stroke wear with a higher oil/gas ratio.

I have run the Lawn Boy 2-cycle oil in my Lawn Boy mower and other power equipment for MANY years. The mower is now 27 years old, runs well, starts every year and gives lots of ower. Ditto to my 23 year old leaf blower and chain saw.

In the Amsoil lineup, Saber is the preferred product for that application. The Dominator is for higher RPM racing applications.

Amsoil Sabre Pro here, but at 50:1 instead of 100:1.

I was never able to find 2T in my area despite looking for Esso depots etc... The Sabre is noticeably better in my SRM-210 than the Echo "synthetic" Powerblend. Starts better, runs better, smells better, the works.

What kind of RPM's are we talking for the dominator application? Just curious that's all...so I assume it's a toss between the Klotz and Amsoil? The Sabre is prob easier to get but can get both.

Sabre Pro. Ams has successfully tested it to 200:1, but for a variety of reasons market it with a 100:1 recommended ratio.
I wouldn't mix it at 50:1 as that is just costing $$$

The old mindset that insists on 25:1 has a hard enough time accepting 50:1, never mind 100:1. 150 or 200:1 would blow some circuits in the brains for sure. :)

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Amsoil Sabre Pro here, but at 50:1 instead of 100:1.

I was never able to find 2T in my area despite looking for Esso depots etc... The Sabre is noticeably better in my SRM-210 than the Echo "synthetic" Powerblend. Starts better, runs better, smells better, the works.

Interestingly, Esso's product list does show a fully synthetic 2 stroke oil. I often wondered if this is the same as the M1 product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back