Repainting only parts of a car & clear coat failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
There is a nationwide shortage of collision repair technicians, too. We're beyond the point where drug screening is feasible - anybody with a heartbeat is acceptable. It's not a pay issue, either; good techs make $100k and great techs can make a lot more.

lol.gif

05 Sienna, paint the parts that need it and nothing more...is what I would do. But I have never, ever seen a perfect match edge to edge on a repaint...ever. Even if the car owner cannot notice it, I can usually immediately.....thus why they blend into adjacent panels...and that is whole other can of worms.

Professional paint work has gotten to be so expensive these days, I doubt it would be worth the expense to have the entire vehicle repainted. Body shops have almost gone entirely the way of catering to insurance claims, as insurance companies are the only ones who can afford to pay for their work anymore. I don't know why paint work has gotten to be so expensive, but its just about made paint repairs that aren't being paid for by insurance companies a thing of the past...

Last edited:
In that price range, I'd just do tops because the paint will have considerably more orange peel than the factory finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back