Renting a '14 Chrysler 300C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
The big 300 continues to impress. Just in my ordinary routine driving since Saturday morning, I've boosted the average mpg readout from 19.1 to 21, and that was with A/C running the whole time. I gassed up this morning -- 87 octane, take note -- and reset that average readout, so we'll see what it reads when I turn the car in on Saturday (or so I hope).

Great numbers. Those who haven't actually owned one will have a hard time relating...

I know, in today's world 21 mpg overall doesn't sound too good. But the fact my driving brought it up 2 points in only 2-3 days, and in a big car with A/C going continually, is surprisingly good. The Regal's 4-cylinder doesn't do much better, probably because it's overworked.

You should be able to get those numbers up with more highway. It's rated 19 city/23 combined/31 highway. I'd hope for 23 in a typical suburban setting. I don't know what your driving environment is, though.

My '97 Cadillac Seville would return about 20 city and 30 highway. All while wafting me down the road with a 275 hp V-8 engine.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
You should be able to get those numbers up with more highway. It's rated 19 city/23 combined/31 highway. I'd hope for 23 in a typical suburban setting. I don't know what your driving environment is, though.

My '97 Cadillac Seville would return about 20 city and 30 highway. All while wafting me down the road with a 275 hp V-8 engine.

My regular routine during the week is about 70% city, though with small stretches on the bridge/expressway -- quicker in the early morning, more stop-and-go in the afternoon. And 4-6 times a week I run 12 miles out to the suburbs and back at highway speed; in fact, I did that last night. So if I could see 22-23 overall, I'd be very pleased.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

My regular routine during the week is about 70% city, though with small stretches on the bridge/expressway -- quicker in the early morning, more stop-and-go in the afternoon. And 4-6 times a week I run 12 miles out to the suburbs and back at highway speed; in fact, I did that last night. So if I could see 22-23 overall, I'd be very pleased.

Oops; I meant 4-6 times a month I run out to the suburbs.

I'm still driving the big black Chrysler, and I like it a lot. But for some reason I find myself looking forward to the return of the prodigal Buick. It won't ride the same way and it doesn't have the same kind of power. But it's nimble and responsive, like a well-trained cow pony, while the 300 is like a big racehorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back