Rental Car Review 2022 Audi A4 Quattro

2022 Audi A4 Quattro, 1033 miles on it, rented from the National Emerald Exec Aisle in Detroit. I only had it for 2 days and put 152 city street (mostly) miles on it, so this isn't a super detailed review.

Performance from the inline turbo 4 cyl was great, especially when you pushed hard on the go pedal. The car felt heavier and more planted for it's size, but moved out fairly well. Not sure what the transmission was (just read it was a 7 speed dual clutch) but it shifted so smooth it was probably the nicest part of the ride. The suspension ate up Detroit's finest glass smooth roads with minimal impact into the cabin. Tires were Conti's, not sure which model, but they were 18's. Brakes stopped the car with authority, but I really didn't need to use them in any panic situation.

Comfort was outstanding even for an old guy with a bad back. Heated seats got HOT in a hurry. Trunk held two suitcases and two briefcases easily.

Only think I disliked about the car was it constantly beeped and nannied you. I tried to find ways to shut much of it off, but when you have things to do, and only have 2 days in a rental car, you can only scroll through the menu so many times. Also the backup camera nanny gave a very distorted picture of the cars next to you, the picture said they were inches away and they weren't nearly that close. I finally just parked the old fashion way, with my mirrors and my eyes.

It sure was worth our corporate $48/day rate! My apologies to the next renter, I didn't put the recommended premium back in it, it's not going to happen. It probably didn't have it in it for me either.

2022 Audi A4 Quattro, 1033 miles on it, rented from the National Emerald Exec Aisle in Detroit. I only had it for 2 days and put 152 city street (mostly) miles on it, so this isn't a super detailed review.

Performance from the inline turbo 4 cyl was great, especially when you pushed hard on the go pedal. The car felt heavier and more planted for it's size, but moved out fairly well. Not sure what the transmission was (just read it was a 7 speed dual clutch) but it shifted so smooth it was probably the nicest part of the ride. The suspension ate up Detroit's finest glass smooth roads with minimal impact into the cabin. Tires were Conti's, not sure which model, but they were 18's. Brakes stopped the car with authority, but I really didn't need to use them in any panic situation.

Comfort was outstanding even for an old guy with a bad back. Heated seats got HOT in a hurry. Trunk held two suitcases and two briefcases easily.

Only think I disliked about the car was it constantly beeped and nannied you. I tried to find ways to shut much of it off, but when you have things to do, and only have 2 days in a rental car, you can only scroll through the menu so many times. Also the backup camera nanny gave a very distorted picture of the cars next to you, the picture said they were inches away and they weren't nearly that close. I finally just parked the old fashion way, with my mirrors and my eyes.

It sure was worth our corporate $48/day rate! My apologies to the next renter, I didn't put the recommended premium back in it, it's not going to happen. It probably didn't have it in it for me either.
My Kia rental for less than 48 hours was $272.60. And that is with a waiver of all optional coverages, etc.

National gave us a great corporate rate. My total for 2 days was $152. No optional coverages, just straight rentals. I’m Emerald Exec just from the number of annual rentals.

Reactions: GON
Forgot to add

Attachments

• 3A64B9C0-1A82-443E-B970-430F87EBBF7C.jpeg
    3A64B9C0-1A82-443E-B970-430F87EBBF7C.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 28
Question, assuming no lack of ability to do so......would you buy one to use as a daily driver?
I had a 2018 A4 premium plus which is basically the same car. It was a fantastic daily driver great gas mileage, it handled well yet the ride wasnt overly firm. It can use regular( manual says it can run on regular with some power loss which I never noticed). I traded it to make room for my Cayman and we had a 2018 Q5 which was more functional...

reviews should be called OPINIONS as the users wants + needs surely varies as a like or dislike, BUT opinions can help perspective buyers or renters IMO

Back