Removing tint from back windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,anybody have any advice on removing tint.I have tried blowing it off with a airgun but it won,t budge,also what is a good way to remove the stricky residue that is left when I get the rest of this stuff off...THANKS

I'm sure someone here will have a safer method but here is mine;
scrape the old stuff off with a sharp razor blade(s) then use laquer thinner on a rag to remove the sticky residue.
be careful with the fumes from the laquer thinner!

IF you don't have the defroster element glued on the back window, paint thinner will work the best. Use a flat edge razor blade to scrape the big chunky stuff off, and then use the thinner to get it sqeaky clean. If you have the defroster element, good luck. I almost guarantee that you will loose a couple of lines.

I haven't done it myself, but a friend who does window tinting for a living said (IIRC) you squirt it down good ammonia and then put Saran Wrap over that to keep it from evaporating quickly and to soak the old tint.

Googling showed this link and seems to confirm it: Tintdude web site

Thanks for all the advice guy,s,the back window I cut with a razor then took a airgun and about 100 psi and blew it off ,the side windows I am going to take rpn453,s advise and try the heat gun and paint thinner.Thanks again guy,s appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back