Removing Chocolate from velour seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 y.o. has given me a reason to do this.

Does anybody have any suggestions or tips? I was thinking of waiting until it's -20C outside and using a stiff brush to rub it out. Not so sure I want to try those upholstery shampoo in-a-can that they sell at the auto parts stores.

I've used a steam cleaner - the type with pressure steam coming out of a nozzle. Takes the chocolate right out to the point where you can't even see where it was. Good luck!

Wayne

Steam cleaner here also. I have one of those Shark hand steam cleaners. I have used it countless times. It works great for things that just need to be dissolved to clean well. I imagine this will not be your last stain to clean...

I will try this guys, as I think one of my friends has a shark that I could borrow.

When the steam liquifies the chocolate, doesn't it just end up below the seat cover in the padding? That's what I'd be worried about.

Always try "cold" soapy water first. Most seat fabrics have a stain guard in them. Chocolate should be no problem!
Hot water or steam may set in the stain. And don't use too much soap as the lathering effects will also be hard to get rid of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back