Removing Broken Bathtub Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bathtub drain pipe is leaking so I figured the drain needed tightening up. So I got my drain removal wrench out to tighten it up and the part inside the drain that the tool attaches to broke off. Anyone know of another way to get the drain out?

Internal pipe wrench unless there is some way to remove the broken part from underneath.

Last edited:
What a pain....I ended up taking a hack saw and cutting out a 1/2" section. And with a screwdriver and hammer I managed to get it to break in half. Luckily it was cast iron.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
What a pain....I ended up taking a hack saw and cutting out a 1/2" section. And with a screwdriver and hammer I managed to get it to break in half. Luckily it was cast iron.

My sincere condolences!

Had to deal with a cooked (missing the "cross" member a long time ago) and no access from under (hooray for 80's builders).
I had to cut it with a hacksaw blade in 3 places, use a screwdriver and a hammer to finally break into pieces.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Hacksaw blade or demel tool is what I was going to suggest. Good deal. Glad you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back