Removal of stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this "sport" sticker on the side of my jeep, im guessing that its the same style as the ones that have the dealers logos on them. i tried takin if off with fingernails, and its just seems to chip it. what do i do???

Try a hair dryer at it hottest setting for a few minutes. Should soften it up and able to be peeled off.

As MSK mentioned use a hair dryer... If you use the hair dryer you shouldn't have to get it too hot. I have burned my fingers by getting the plastic stickers too hot!

WD40 or something like Goo Gone will help soften the adhesive that remians after the sticker has been removed (it should wipe off).

3M makes some sticker remover professional tools available at your local autobody paint supply shop. they work really nice and are designed not to damage paint.

a torch and a razor blade

patriot.gif

I'd second the GooGone recommendation. The functionality of this stuff verges on miraculous. Of course, since you own the car and know it best (I hope...), you're in the best position to judge your paint's vulnerability to chemical, thermal, or physical attack. Good luck and be careful.

quote:

Originally posted by steiner43511:
a torch and a razor blade
patriot.gif

Didn't I see you "adjusting" something with a hammer once?
wink.gif

Peanut butter is also surprizingly good at removing adhesive residue... something else to try.

You wont like what you see once you get that Sport logo off that Wrangler.That bright paint under there will stand out worse then the SPORT.It also dulls the finish under the badge.
I`ve seen it done on a green and a white Jeep,one even took the 4.0L badge off as well and it looks like *** on both of them.One is being repainted to cure the cosmetic issue.

SS/LS

SSLoneStar, if the difference is that obvious, it's time to get your auto detailed to bring back that just like new showroom finish, if the paint and finish aren't to far gone that is! Take a look at the best auto detailers web site on the net; www.autopia.org You just can't believe what a little knowledge and some experience can do for that damaged finish!
patriot.gif

Seriously, a propane or map gas torch will not harm the paint if used to heat the adhesive enough to peel it off. I've done it a zillion times...makes me think of the fire test they do on the painted hood at the swap meet to prove the wax they are selling is so great. notice they never try it on an untreated portion of the paint????? cause it would hold up just as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back