Remote oil filter: I should run the largest one I can fit, right?

So I usually modify my cars quite a lot, and running a remote oil filter is pretty easy considering I usually have to add an adapter to be able to use a large air-to-air oil cooler anyway (with thermostat of course). I'm thinking I should buy a filter mount that can fit the largest filter I can. Any reason I shouldn't? You can buy mounts that will fit big Cummins ISX filters. This car will be tuned and I drive it like I stole it pretty much every day. HPL oil so I'm planning on running at least 10k OCI's (depending on UOA obviously).

Current project is a 2003 Infiniti G35, and the VQ engine is pretty well known for excessive oil temps under hard use.
(not my garage, but my car, hah)
IdrMCb7h.jpg

You plan to do 10K OCI yet drive it like you stole it?
On your original question, I would fit the largest filter I could that has bypass specs similar to your OEM filter and I would mount it hanging down if possible.

You plan to do 10K OCI yet drive it like you stole it?
On your original question, I would fit the largest filter I could that has bypass specs similar to your OEM filter and I would mount it hanging down if possible.

I mean, that's the whole point of running top of the line oil right? Superior protection for longer? I run 7k OCI's with Mobil 1 0w40 FS. I'll have to see how my UOA's turn out, I'll do the first one at 7k and see where we're at.

I mean, that's the whole point of running top of the line oil right? Superior protection for longer? I run 7k OCI's with Mobil 1 0w40 FS. I'll have to see how my UOA's turn out, I'll do the first one at 7k and see where we're at.
I think it’s a solid plan. I’d hope an expensive lube like HPL could get you out to 10k or more.

Some filters don't have ADBV or BPV
My recommendation is the filter with both.

Use the Pord Fowerstroke 6.7 filter. It'll have both the ADBV/BPV that is missing on some heavyduty C filters. Use FL-2051s or any competitor equivalent!

Another option is the dual PH8a mounts which has a good selection and availability of filters and brands. Obviously, Amsoil is one of the few that offer a PH977a with the synth media if you want to use a big single mount, but very few competitor 'quality' options.

Some filters don't have ADBV or BPV
My recommendation is the filter with both.

Use the Pord Fowerstroke 6.7 filter. It'll have both the ADBV/BPV that is missing on some heavyduty C filters. Use FL-2051s or any competitor equivalent!

Another option is the dual PH8a mounts which has a good selection and availability of filters and brands. Obviously, Amsoil is one of the few that offer a PH977a with the synth media if you want to use a big single mount, but very few competitor 'quality' options.

That's solid advice. I don't like most of the dual mounts as they have rather convoluted paths through them with sharp edges. I usually buy ex-nascar oil filter mounts off ebay as they always have nice smooth inlets and outlets for good flow. 1-1/16th doesn't seem like a very popular thread size in the aftermarket, but I'll see what I can do.

If I was going to go with a remote oil filter(bypass), I would get in contact with a company that sell industrial hydraulic filters and see what they might recommend.

If I was going to go with a remote oil filter(bypass), I would get in contact with a company that sell industrial hydraulic filters and see what they might recommend.

I’m not talking about a bypass filter, but simply relocating it from it’s factory spot on the engine to allow easier access and/or a larger filter to be ran.

That's solid advice. I don't like most of the dual mounts as they have rather convoluted paths through them with sharp edges. I usually buy ex-nascar oil filter mounts off ebay as they always have nice smooth inlets and outlets for good flow. 1-1/16th doesn't seem like a very popular thread size in the aftermarket, but I'll see what I can do.
1-16tpi

I can break out a dremel and smooth over normal generic single/dual "ph8a" type filter mounts. I do agree that the 'racer' parts are works of art. I have a few found at swap meets and are 'blocks' of aluminum or stainless machined into a big and smooth running filter mount and I prefer 5/8" hoses versus the 3/8 or 1/2" that some remote kits.

None of the non-racer parts has caused me hardship when used or mounted properly, and they can be made pretty with polishing or painting to match vehicle.

Check to see if they can sell only the mount:
https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-p...-diesel-remote-oil-filter-relocation-kit.html

Amsoil has the BMK303 for the 1-16" bypass filters. Remove the orifice and maybe drill/tap feed/return for whatever hose mounting scheme you want. https://www.amsoil.com/p/filter-mount-assembly-bk303/

This store sells an adapter so that you can mount the Fraud Powerbroke filter on a 3/4-16 mount. So, any 3/4-16 can be converted at any time to 1-16. Can be used to convert 4.9/5.0/5.8/7.5 Ford engines from PH8a to 2051s, or Toyotas 4.7 engine(old 4runner/tunner/sequoia/GS/LX) too.

Permacool(similar to B&M, derale, hayden, transdapt) but has better mounting option with top or side hose fittings:

Back