remote mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have or know someone with a remote filter mount (not by-pass) and what are your thoughts/experience with them?

I've had/have a few. They work
21.gif

Got any more specific questions ..or (and this is a situation where one may not know what to ask) can you describe your goals that you hope to attain/achieve in/by getting one?

I have one on my '96 Honda Accord. The oil filter on that engine (the 4-cyl) is very hard to access. It's way up high on the back face of the engine and you have to thread your arm up there past the driveshaft and the exhaust. Very inconvenient. Anyway it works great but like me your biggest problem may be finding a suitable location to mount the filter bracket - at least one that isn't as or more inconvenient than the original location
grin2.gif

Soft mounting is popular in many late models. They seem to fill just about every surface with something ..even when they don't have to (not always due to space restraints). Zip ties work well at lashing the filter mount to some "space".

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I have one on my '96 Honda Accord. The oil filter on that engine (the 4-cyl) is very hard to access. It's way up high on the back face of the engine and you have to thread your arm up there past the driveshaft and the exhaust. Very inconvenient. Anyway it works great but like me your biggest problem may be finding a suitable location to mount the filter bracket - at least one that isn't as or more inconvenient than the original location
grin2.gif

what kind did you use? I have the same accord and it has been lowered so ramps are a PITA and reaching it even with some things removed from engine bay is impossible. and I am tired of getting lectures from the "experts' at oil change places. I would probably mount it somewhere under the intake near the firewall....just want to be able to do my own changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back