RemOil

Would anyone happen to know if RemOil would be a safe replacement for WD40 with regards to electronic/electrical applications?

I'm not sure what you mean but I've used liquid rem oil on small electric fan motor bearings and it seemed to gum up more than 3 in 1 electric motor oil or zoom oil.

Originally Posted By: jmkiser
Would anyone happen to know if RemOil would be a safe replacement for WD40 with regards to electronic/electrical applications?
DeOxit from Caig Labs is not cheap but it works and is mentioned by name in Techtronics and other high end gear manuals. I gave a noisy fan motor a shot of Kroil in both bearings recently and the device got, and stayed, quiet. It may have disolved the gum from other lube attempts.

No, RemOil would not be a good choice. It just isn't a very good oil. It is not much more than a plain mineral oil. But WD-40 isn't so hot, either. It is pretty much like kerosene with some additives. I strongly second the suggestion of Craig Labs DeOxit. Kroil might be good. 3-in-1 Oil makes a non-detergent 20W specifically for electric motor lubrication, which you can find at a good hardware store or likely on Amazon. It lubricates fan bearings very well. I use it in all my electric fans.

Hi, Rem oil is actually a very fine oil for small sliding parts, that's why it is labeled "Gun Oil"! If you want to oil bearings or shafts in a motor use the "ZOOM" oil as mentioned. It is available at any ACE Hardware. If you want to clean a motor or switch get "contact" cleaner. WD-40 is not an oil but is a water displacent and used for other things such as cleaning dirty parts. Use the right product for the job!

Hi, Rem oil is actually a very fine oil for small sliding parts, that's why it is labeled "Gun Oil"! If you want to oil bearings or shafts in a motor use the "ZOOM" oil as mentioned. It is available at any ACE Hardware. If you want to clean a motor or switch get "contact" cleaner. WD-40 is not an oil but is a water displacent and used for other things such as cleaning dirty parts. Use the right product for the job!
WD40 is not an " oil " but it is a lubricant . Says so on the can . I'm not saying it's the best , but it will handle a lot of applications where a lubricant is needed .