Remington Ultimate Defense Handgun Ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better loads out there, but it will definitely kill something if needed.

That load is Remington's entry level hollow point. Their Golden Sabre Bonded line is their top of the line loading.

Last edited:
Remington ran a $10/box mail in rebate on their Golden Saber pistol ammo for Black Friday. I bought the max allowable number of boxes, 10, from Target Sports USA @ $14.99/ea then gloated around about scoring Golden Saber for $4.99 a box after MIR.

Remington's online rebate status checker, however, shows my rebate material (UPC's and rebate form) have never been received.

A big thanks to the US Postal Service for screwing me out of a $100 rebate.
mad.gif

Hornady American Gunner Hollow points meet FBI standards in 380 and 9mm. One of the few rounds that do.

Lucky Gunner has a lot of info/testing of ammo including what meets the FBI standards for penetration and expansion.

I can buy Golden Sabers for 15 cents a round less than Ultimate Defense. That makes it easy and no rebate to mess with.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Remington ran a $10/box mail in rebate on their Golden Saber pistol ammo for Black Friday. I bought the max allowable number of boxes, 10, from Target Sports USA @ $14.99/ea then gloated around about scoring Golden Saber for $4.99 a box after MIR.

Remington's online rebate status checker, however, shows my rebate material (UPC's and rebate form) have never been received.

mad.gif

Definitely a good idea to get tracking ID on the letter so if they claim not to have received it you have proof of delivery.

I usually take high res photos of everything including the envelop showing address.

Then when they ask for proof I email them the photos.

99% chance it wasnt the post office but the shady incentivized rebate processor that gets extra money to lose your rebate.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Originally Posted By: Kira
^ +1

I like Remington also....

I've shot some of the Golden Saber I bought. Gets my gun dirtier than any other ammo so far. Must use some real slag for powder. Plenty of better choices out there.

'Ultimate Defense' is nothing more than some marketing jiggery to create a higher profit margin. I like the Golden Sabers and as mentioned they can be had cheaper. I don't know, but I think it is the same round in 'Ultimate Defense' packaging at a premium price tag.

Could be caliber specific. I love Golden Saber 357 in a 16oz J frame for its soft shooting with a good bullet for SD. As said by others, better is to be found. I would say, as far as SD goes its very hard to beat Federal HST in 9mm, 40, 45ACP.

mad.gif

Same thing with me...if I don't get the rebate I will never buy another Remington product. Not that I would have anyway, their firearms have gone way down hill in quality.

^ +1

I've shot some of the Golden Saber I bought. Gets my gun dirtier than any other ammo so far. Must use some real slag for powder. Plenty of better choices out there.

Last edited:
^ +1

Do you not like it LoneRanger? Want to sell some of it?

Not sure of the gun or caliber but I have a few points. IMHO dirty or clean is meaningless in SD ammo choice. I got m department 10k rounds of Rem clean lead free from the postal police. We shot it to practice as that was it's intent. It was very clean, but also very ineffective on a bad guy. Don't really understand the clean v dirty issue in SD.

No way will I say Golden Saber is the bomb....I do fing the 357 applications excellent choice when dealing with 340MP ([censored] thing is 16oz!!! and most just use 38). That Golden Saber allows you to use a legit bullet in a 357.

For me, Fed got lucky with the HST. It's not a bonded bullet (acts like one tho) but is way up there with the best of the best.

How about Winchester PDX1?

It's a good round. I like it because I can buy it locally at Walmart and it shines in ballistic gel. I have my PPQ in .40 loaded with the 165gr variety. Check out these test links below. You can also order the Ranger series from Sgammo or a similar site in the 50round LE loads that uses practically the same bullet. I like PDX1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kk4a5zsEuo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GdCLoxlUlZ0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back