Remember... you seen it here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This project is in its infancy but I thought I would invoke my copy rights here and now. 1823 3/15/20.
This press punch and die / press modifacation design works so well it's almost scary.

Ok so my son does so many of these at his shop they wanted to automate this process as much as possible.
[URL]https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2020/03/full-84637-42339-image.jpg[/URL][/
More to come next week end.

It's a tool that aids in the disassembling of LSx rocker arm trunnions. The latest trunnion upgrade kit from Brian Tooly racing requires pressing in new captured needle Torrington's. Most other manufactures are slip fit bushings.
Disassembling is one of those deals where you need 6 hands. This contraption makes it a quick one hand operation. The lower die plate locates and fully supports the rocker below the centerline of the punch. The lower die plate is pocketed to hold the dies and is bolted to the press frame so nothing moves. It requires 2 punch and die sets 1 set for disassembling and one set for pressing in the BTR Torrington's.
CLine does the bottom of your ram have a sacrificial pad on it or is it a square ram with no pad? It would be nice to have a way to mount the upper punch to the ram rather than having to hold it.
To help hold the lower die plate to your press platen I could pocket and epoxy 4 neodendium magnets as well. Ooooorrrr you could run down to HF and snag one of these from the return table.
27.gif

I picked up one of these 2 from the return table for 27 bones and the only thing wrong was the rubber handle ends were missing. Either way no prob.
This is the V2 punch adapter
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by P10crew

CLine does the bottom of your ram have a sacrificial pad on it or is it a square ram with no pad? It would be nice to have a way to mount the upper punch to the ram rather than having to hold it.
To help hold the lower die plate to your press platen I could pocket and epoxy 4 neodendium magnets as well. Ooooorrrr you could run down to HF and snag one of these from the return table.
27.gif

I picked up one of these 2 from the return table for 27 bones and the only thing wrong was the rubber handle ends were missing. Either way no prob.
This is the V2 punch adapter

No pad on the Ram, When I bought it.....It had the solid end of the Ram pointed down, I flipped it around & use the @.761" counterbored end. Had a buddy machine the end of my bushing installer-knockers to .760". Drilled & tapped a 6mm hole in the Ram for a set screw to hold them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back