Remember me complaing a little about poor gas mileage with DELO 400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a small vac hose had popped off, causing eventually a CEL (lean code). After reconnecting that hose, gas mileage went back up to an average of 24 mpg, which is about as good as it ever gets with 50% city and 50% highway driving, leadfoot considered. Power is restored, too. This confirms my previous belief that in this enegine I can't tell a performance or gas mileage difference between oils. The only perceived differences pertain to noise, smoothness, oil temperatures, and oil consumption. And DELO 400 makes my engine run as smooth as any other oil I've tried.

You are probably going to have all kinds of contamination in the engine from the hose being off! I would not bother to do a UOA of it. Is this rinse oil for the Auto-RX if so flush the engine again for about 500 miles with some cheap Walmart oil just to make sure!

Thanks for updating us Moribundman.

Recently, there have been several posts here that instantly creates a herd mentality to do/use one thing or another.

Your experience demonstrates the importance not to put too much faith in any single experience/post, but to consider all of them over a long time period.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately, I know from experience that in the OM617.952 MB turbo diesel engine, ther was an MPG difference (decrease) that was measurable.

JMH

quote:

You are probably going to have all kinds of contamination in the engine from the hose being off! I would not bother to do a UOA of it. Is this rinse oil for the Auto-RX if so flush the engine again for about 500 miles with some cheap Walmart oil just to make sure!

You're a real ray of sunshine, but I wasn't going to have an UOA on the ARX rinse done anyway. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back