Reliable, free hit counter software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my university we want to have some idea how many people visit our Ph.D. and M.A. application pages -- how many came from a LinknedIn advertisement we set up. So a couple of weeks ago I installed a counter from speedcounter.com, and it worked fine . . . until some point over the weekend it vanished from our pages, possibly because there is something broken in their page: http://www.speedcounter.com/cccsignup.php

I've sent their support email address a note. In the meantime, there are loads of free web counter/hit counter websites out there. Are there ones you've used? Any recommendations?

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
At my university we want to have some idea how many people visit our Ph.D. and M.A. application pages -- how many came from a LinknedIn advertisement we set up. So a couple of weeks ago I installed a counter from speedcounter.com, and it worked fine . . . until some point over the weekend it vanished from our pages, possibly because there is something broken in their page: http://www.speedcounter.com/cccsignup.php

I've sent their support email address a note. In the meantime, there are loads of free web counter/hit counter websites out there. Are there ones you've used? Any recommendations?

google analytics

Did you talk to your tech services / web dev team (whatever they're called where you're at)?

You might already have something university wide you can just 'turn on' by adding a bit of code.

If not then yeah, Google Analytics is the way to go.

Originally Posted By: Smcatub
Did you talk to your tech services / web dev team (whatever they're called where you're at)?

You might already have something university wide you can just 'turn on' by adding a bit of code.

If not then yeah, Google Analytics is the way to go.

Yes, I sure did -- they told me they had no specification for such a thing. I'll have a look at the Google Analytics page in more detail. At first glance I didn't see anything particular to web counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back