Reliable evaporator brands for a Ram 1500

I am going to help a friend replace the evaporator on his 2005 Ram 1500, 5.7. Are any of the aftermarket evaporators reliable?

What does rockauto have? How about Advanced Auto Parts. How much price difference between OEM and the other? Check reviews, possibly Amazon?

Aftermarket evaporators from Rockauto range in price from $34 to $57 while the Mopar unit, also from Rockauto, costs $279.

The OE evaporator core is more money because its going to fit right and work right. I specialize in air conditioning and have replaced tons of Dodge truck evaporator cores. At one point I was doing so many I could easily do 3 in one day. The aftermarket cores just dont fit in the box correctly which means you need to fill the gaps with foam and hope they seal. Chrysler used to carry a value line of evaporator cores in addition to some other parts which were aftermarket parts that they had validated. The v-line cores used to fit fine, didnt have any issues with them. Not sure if they are still available or not

Reactions: JC1
We ended up using a Four Seasons evaporator and an accumulator from Amazon. They both fit well. The job took the two of us about 4 hours and was easier than we expected. Everything is cool now, thanks.

Back