Reliability of the 1999 Honda Accord 3.0 V-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, Looking for your informed input here. I am considering buying a '99 Accord with the 3.0 V-6 engine/automatic overdrive transmission. How reliable are they? Any known issues with this driveline? This may very well be my first foreign nameplate and don't have a lot of knowledge on Honda's. If you have any experience with this model good or bad, please share it here. Thanks!

I had a 99 Accord 4 cyl for 10yrs and 166k miles that was very reliable. Glad I didn't get the V6 since those are known to have transmission issues. I'd skip it and look for a 4cyl. You can check out www.driveaccord.net and click on the 6th gen section for more info. I used to be a mod over there, well still am just not very active.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Any known issues with this driveline?
crackmeup2.gif

Their transmissions are made of glass.

15.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You can check out www.driveaccord.net and click on the 6th gen section for more info. I used to be a mod over there, well still am just not very active.

I thought I recognized you!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
crackmeup2.gif

15.gif

Isn't that the one that tends to blow up if it shifts to second at WOT?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
crackmeup2.gif

15.gif

Isn't that the one that tends to blow up if it shifts to second at WOT?
Sounds about right.

I guess even the 4 cylinder transmissions aren't that great too.

Mom wants new car but KEEPS driving her accord dx year 2000 model with AT. 138K miles and no issue. Changes atf every 30K with Honda dw-1.

That is an interesting chart. I always thought the 97 and older Accord was rock solid, yet they appear to be well above the industry standards for transmission issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Mom wants new car but KEEPS driving her accord dx year 2000 model with AT. 138K miles and no issue. Changes atf every 30K with Honda dw-1.

Correction: This is the 4 cylinder automatic transmission model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back