Relative Performance Comparison Tool for Passenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI everyone:

I would like to know what is the difference between API SN and API SM.

Please can you provide me with the tool as the picture attached. Thank you.

apisn.jpg

Unfortunately, I could not find API in the website. Can you give me clear instruction in advance?
cry.gif

Last edited:
Is this a comparison of my performance, for passenger information, or a comparison of passenger performance, for my information?

Either way, I'm probably getting a bit old for that sort of thing.

And the back seat is broken.

Last edited:
You could argue there is virtually no real-life difference between SM and SN oils if you say that these oils exclude the ILSAC GF-4 & GF-5 viscosity grades (10W30 and below).
The differences in these oils relate to the suite of engine test that the oil must pass to be deemed 'approved'. These tests have now become so far divorced from reality as to be utterly meaningless to the average car driver. Their main purpose is the keep the neurotic US OEMs happy and to keep new players entering the engine oil/additive market.

I thought the lubrizol tool dropped API specs for passenger vehicles a few years ago. It did have the API grades at one time but my recollection is that in comparisons with ACEA and manufacturers specs the API results were pitiful. Perhaps API asked for them to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back