Registry error fix tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
What OS? The free CCleaner fixes some registry stuff in Windows, but I'm not sure what kind of issue specifically you're having.

ie7,,just wondering, i had a scan done and it showed some errors.Computer seems fine.

Originally Posted By: dave180
+1 ^, CCleaner is very good and I have always found it to be safe when used correctly.

Thats the thing just don't want to make things worse Ive never used the tool before.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: dave180
+1 ^, CCleaner is very good and I have always found it to be safe when used correctly.

Thats the thing just don't want to make things worse Ive never used the tool before.

They give you an option to backup the registry before you make changes, so you can always revert back if the tool makes things worse. Truth is if the registry is toast I really don't think there are any tools that can fix it.

My exprince with registry error fixers have always been negative,
as an IT professional i suggest you dont use any of such tools.

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
My exprince with registry error fixers have always been negative,
as an IT professional i suggest you dont use any of such tools.

I see,,like i said computer seems fine a scan just showed errors, IF it was a legit scan!

I've never used one of these and always figured they were a scam. What are the symptoms of a registry that needs cleaning?

The registry does not need to be cleaned. The registry is a flat database file and erroneous entries will not make it any slower. Leave it alone. At best, registry cleaners do nothing; at worst, they will cause problems.

ie7,,just wondering, i had a scan done and it showed some errors.Computer seems fine.

Wait, what is telling you that you have "registry errors"?

It is probably a scam.

If it was a free download for the scan but you need to buy their program to fix the errors then of course it found some. Download C Cleaner, run the cleaner & registry cleaner. It is free and updates often. There is a paid version but they don't nag you to buy it.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
The registry does not need to be cleaned. The registry is a flat database file and erroneous entries will not make it any slower. Leave it alone. At best, registry cleaners do nothing; at worst, they will cause problems.

+1 You can load Windows 7 on a brand spanking new hard drive and run one of these tools and find so called registry errors. In fact I've done it myself to see. I've heard that from several IT guys over the years not to mess with the registry. If you're computer is working fine and a registry scan shows problems ignore them.

CCleaner is a great tool, don't use the registry cleaner part of it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

It is probably a scam.

When i had that router problem the tech on the phone he did a "complementary" scan and this is what it showed,i knew it was a scam!!

thanks guys..

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

It is probably a scam.

When i had that router problem the tech on the phone he did a "complementary" scan and this is what it showed,i knew it was a scam!!

LOL! Yup, that's exactly what it was.

oh by the way i had to scrap that router and a get a new one,it started slowing down again was on the phone AGAIN with tech for 1.5 hrs just to tell me yea its a defective router go exchange it,lol..soo i have a new one, so far so good any problems out of this one and I'm going to a different brand!!!

Ridiculous..

oh by the way i had to scrap that router and a get a new one,it started slowing down again was on the phone AGAIN with tech for 1.5 hrs just to tell me yea its a defective router go exchange it,lol..soo i have a new one, so far so good any problems out of this one and I'm going to a different brand!!!

Ridiculous..

Indeed, doesn't sound like a very good experience.

Something that could run DD-WRT is always a safe bet IMHO. And there are plenty of those out there
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back