Regarding oil specs that AMSOIL meets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until 'meets or exceeds' is on the label, what anybody here says or hears, Amsoil rep or not, is meaningless.

The product label is the legal end game.

Show me the label.

quote:

Why is it "meaningless"?

Becuase that's what makes it real.

Same reason why most verbal contracts are un-enforceable, it's just something someone said, no paper trail, no proof.

When the label says 'meets or exceeds', that's when it meets or exceeds, until then it's just something somebody said.

If the oil actual does meet or exceed, there is no downside to having on the label. Quite the opposite is true if it doesn't.

'meets or exceeds' are the magic words that needs to be on the label.

quote:

Same reason why most verbal contracts are un-enforceable, it's just something someone said, no paper trail, no proof.

Unrelated comment, because I'm such a niggler:

The term "verbal" refers to oral and written material. A written contract IS a verbal contract. A deal you make without putting it on paper is an oral agreement.

Thats the thing SA does have their own Amsoil!!
mad.gif

Pablo over there doen't even know where or what he uncontrollable oil company is doing..
dunno.gif

The problem is, is that it was the OWNWer of Amsoil(agent in SA) who sold it to him, wouldn't/couldn't fix the problem.
lol.gif
thumbsdown.gif

SoRRy i'm off the topic gentleman,
But AMSoil clearly doesn't care about their so called customers that they are supplying and do not have the sufficient knowledge-okay i'm generalizing-AMSoil SA do not have the sufficient knowledge to be supplying our industry oil, if they DON't know about oils, and if they can't explain why my friend had a problem with their oil, they shouldn't be sold here.
mad.gif

Another thing who said AMSoil can go 45000km on diesel oil?? Are you guys at AMSoil CRAZY??!!
frown.gif

Achilles, you are calling AMSOIL (SA) incompetent, but you don't tell us what specific problem your friend had with AMSOIL products or SA AMSOIL dealers. So far your complaint sounds only like a groundless accusation. If you want to persuade anybody, you may want to elaborate and be specific.

My friend had a Porshe 911 Turbo, he had heard amazing stories from Amsoil after visiting the States middle last year, confident that it would give him the most protection that he needed and the ultimate amount of horses he required, he switched to Amsoil after the 1st service interval,(6250miles).
Hadn't had the oil in for 1000miles, had done nothing out out of the ordinary, pushed it but not over board, and his engine blew! Porshe say now they won't carry the cost because he used Amsoil and not the prescribed lubricant they suggested for the car, and that if he wanted to keep the warrenty on his car, he should have used Mobil 1.

Achilles,sounds like a interesting story.I think there is alot more to the story than you are telling us.I think he pushed the car to hard and thats why the motor blew. Amsoil and Porshe are both right not wanting to pay for this guys screwup.

twak.gif
very bad mori!

very clssic case sounds like, engine on a Porsche blows, from who knows - manufacturing flaw or over rev, Porsche investigates, finds non-Porsche approved oil , no matter how good it actually is, denies claim. Doesn't matter if the fluid was the cause or not. Typical story.

Well, which oil did he use?

This does not sound like an Amsoil issue to me. One thousand miles after an oil change to any oil, Walmart, K-mart, Citgo or Krappoil would not cause an engine ejection. Sounds like a pack of something:

quote:

the prescribed lubricant they suggested for the car, and that if he wanted to keep the warrenty on his car, he should have used Mobil 1.

That right there tells me this is bogus, or at least someone is fibbing to someone. So when this event occurred if he had Castrol in they would deny the claim?

Assuming this is a true story - I'm sorry but unless they can prove this is an oil related issue (which they can't) Porsche or the owner's bad driving is 100% responsible.

Hey i'm just pointing out the issue, nothing out of the ordinary happened, yes indeed is a typical story!!
mad.gif
Well a oil test could have been done,to check the wear metals etc. If Amsoil didn't cause the blow, all i'm saying is, that Amsoil was present in the engine when the motor blew, and they were not even prepared to test the oil for the customers sake to check if it was the oil. no bad feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back