Regane > SI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 3 tankful from putting SI-1 in my tank, I find the car sometimes hesitate in the morning. In my garage, I still have a few bottles Regane that I have kept more than 1 year.
So I can't keep the itch and just dump 1 bottle to my tank.
Just after 1 km drive, I can feel the acceleration is better and I do not need to press the pedal so much to maintain the speed.

Seems my car like Regane better than SI-1..and proven again

Could also be the placebo effect, concentration effects, fuel characteristics, or even AC load, air density, etc. Pressing the pedal is not a metric that has any value, unfortunately.

Sure cleaned 'er up fast!
wink.gif

Wow 1 kilometer with the magic juice and all is better.....it will probably reach liftoff speeds by the time you finish the tank of fuel!!!!! Placebo effect to the max,absolutly nothing else going on here.

I have tried many fuel system cleaners including Regane, Techron, SL-1, Berryman B-12, Lucas, BG-44K and even STP. Unfortunately, I have never found anything which will *consistently* work in *all* my cars.

So when I experience not-so-good-throttle response, I start cycling through them and often one of them clicks. But at that time, I am never sure if it was the last cleaner or combination which did the trick. At least one time and at least on one vehicle, Regan, Techron, Sl-1, Lucas, or Berryman etc have improved the performance. Unfortunately, translating the performance restoration in to mileage gains have been difficult but my primary objective in using cleaners has always been to restore performance.

I just keep a stash of few different one on hand and start randomly selecting one when I *feel* the vehicle could use some oomph. Next experiment would be with TC-W3 2-stroke additive.

- Vikas

Placebo, or the SI-1 cleaner kicked in and the Regane is taking credit for cleaning things up. My bet Regane takes credit for the other products clean up.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Placebo, or the SI-1 cleaner kicked in and the Regane is taking credit for cleaning things up. My bet Regane takes credit for the other products clean up.

My bet is that the only products that actually DO work straight from the bottle are products with PEA detergent, which Regane complete fuel system clean up has. 40% concentration. It's the most effective gasoline detergent at cleaning up carbon deposits and not leaving behind its own residue like other detergents do.

Redline has PEA as well but you pay through the nose for Redline. Save your money and get Regane.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy

My bet is that the only products that actually DO work straight from the bottle are products with PEA detergent, which Regane complete fuel system clean up has. 40% concentration. It's the most effective gasoline detergent at cleaning up carbon deposits and not leaving behind its own residue like other detergents do.

Redline has PEA as well but you pay through the nose for Redline. Save your money and get Regane.

Is there an advantage to using the Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner, instead of the Gumout All-in-One product ?

Originally Posted By: Winn

Is there an advantage to using the Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner, instead of the Gumout All-in-One product ?

Of the two Regane is the better product.

I agree, my comment was that the SI-1 probably worked and the Regane stole the thunder. It could have just as easily happened in reverse, we'll never know. Regane is a good product and very easy to get. I've seen some pretty good sales on it too.

Like most people, I've tried a lot of different fuel system cleaners. I noticed the most improvement with Regane. I tried it recently in the SRX my wife drives and the 530i BMW I drive and noticed improvement in both vehicles after 1 tankful. The kicker was the local Meijers stores was running a rebate, 2 bottles for $8 and a mail in rebate for $10. Hard to top that! I have not tried Redline yet.

Regane or Techron Concentrate. I've had success with both.

Last tank with Techron concentrate in it my car refused to knock. I had to load the engine up hard for it to start knocking. Now on straight gas it's back to its old ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back