Refusal to die

I was a flight attendant at ASA, and seeing the turmoil that airline was put through on it's way to becoming part of Expressjet, I'm glad I left. Lots of folks unemployed by the folding of Expressjet, but maybe there's light somewhere in the tunnel.

If they were smart, they retained enough crew, staff, training and functional equipment to maintain their operational authority. If not, I see a lengthy process with the FAA. Starting a new airline is not a process to be taken lightly. \

I flew them a number of times in recent years. No issues, other than the small cabin size. Their newer stuff was acceptably nice. Their 175's were new enough to be comfortable.

My wife was an FO with them until they shut the doors. Although it would be great to have them called back, I highly doubt they will survive any new iteration without a major partner. Going it alone with a few EMB-145s will be tough.

They were a good customer for us here at Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Services Nashville.

Im sure we’ll be seeing some version of XJT come back, and I’m sure I’ll be turning wrenches on them again.

Back