Redneck Innovation - What have you done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a gas engine push vacuum via sidewalk shopping. It the type of thing you use to clean up leaves and debris off the driveway. It was set out with somebody's trash. I was riding in my wife's car and as we passed by, I told her to stop. I pushed it home the two blocks.

I had a worn red fabric bag that was torn and somebody had staple-repaired the tear. I improved that patch by replacing it with an iron-on patch. Over the years, the bag has gotten many iron-on repairs. Of course none of the repair patches are the same type, color or size, just whatever I have on hand at the time. I also added some wood extensions to the deteriorating molded plastic intake. It don't look like much, but it gets the job done.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: greenjp
Nothing like building my own trailers, but I did a "temporary" fix on our old Civic that lasted for years. The distributor cap (Honda still used 'em in 2000!) was held in place by three bolts, two of which sheared off at the head when replacing the cap. Couldn't figure out how to get the stuck stumps out of the housing, so I put the one back in and held the whole thing together with a worm drive hose clamp. Worked fine for years.

jeff
Similar to yours, forgot to post this one. After I was rear ended earlier this year, I ordered a junk yard brake light off eBay. It is supposed to be held on by 3 nuts. I used a sledge hammer and was able to get 1 in. Holds nice and tight!

au6yc6.jpg

Are you driving it like that?

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Are you driving it like that?
Yup, it has looked like that since March

Insurance company gave me like $3,400 after the buyback. I paid $2,100. I've thought about getting a newer car but can't talk myself into it, it runs and drives too darn good to give up on. Still has a lot of miles left in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back