Redlined and Loveing It!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO far I am really likeing how Redline is performing in my car. The engine runs so smooth and quite.

We know that Redline is heavily ester based. It did not smell like gumi-bear like pscholte thinks GC smells like. It also did not smell like auto-rx. It smelled like any other oil to me. It still revs just as effortlessly as before. Temp last night was 25F and it started just fine! Weight of oil is 5W40.

John, what car are you running it in and when will you be sampling it?

He's so euphoric, I fear he may have "sampled" it already!
wink.gif

PS I admit I took a sniff of GC, but I didn't inhale!
grin.gif

[ October 02, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

PS I admit I took a sniff of GC, but I didn't inhale!

lol.gif
pscholte, you have a great sense of humor. BTW, do you sleep with your GC bottles? Patman would be jealous. Patman has bed sheets that say "12.2cSt Only!, Thin wimpy Mobil 1 need not apply". Ok, I'm going to bed.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
12.2cSt wimpy. We have a 12.5cSt 10W30 from our German friends at Fuchs. Gangbusters on a Timken.

But we CAN'T get those oils, unless we pay an enormous premium!
grin.gif

GT-1 0W20 is A$19.38 a litre here, the top end syn 10W30 A$6.30, the Supersyn 5W50 A$9.46, and last the mineral 10W30 A$3.42 a litre (that's cheap). Now I just noticed the Supersyn 5W50 description is a fuel economy oil with up to 5.5% better economy than traditional 15W40 and has the best pour point of -54C of all four oils. Interesting.

Not yet but the 10W30 Super GTO MC left after testing is earmarked for my Outback after I finish 3rd and last RX clean. 12.5cSt and amazingly Group II based it could be the perfect oil to use with an RX maintenance dose. Frank has long said use a quality dino with RX maint and better performance than any syn. The forklift results Ron in Melbourne is getting appear to support this IMO.

I agree!! I have Redline now in all our four cars, a 2002 Suburban Z71, a 2001 Trans Am LS1, in my 96 Corvette and in our winter beater the 94 Thunderbird 4.6

On the cars with oil pressure gages it consistently has 5 lbs. better hot pressure than M1 of the same viscosity too.....

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
SO far I am really likeing how Redline is performing in my car. The engine runs so smooth and quite.

We know that Redline is heavily ester based. It did not smell like gumi-bear like pscholte thinks GC smells like. It also did not smell like auto-rx. It smelled like any other oil to me. It still revs just as effortlessly as before. Temp last night was 25F and it started just fine! Weight of oil is 5W40.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Are you guessing or have you actually checked with Fuchs NA? If they have a HQ there somebody is buying it. You may be surprised

sprintman,

I checked out two Fuchs/Fuchs related websites and found nothing promising for North American oilesseurs. Apparently, OZ is included in the European distribution scheme when it comes to the major oil companies (not sure I have heard you all mention Aral, ELF, Total or Pentosin, however). We, alas, are treated like...well, like...North America!
wink.gif

[ October 03, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

John may be suffering from "Redline hypnosis".
smile.gif

Watching this exotic witches brew come slithering out of the bottle for the first time can be a little overpowering. It's a mystical experience that completely mesmerizes you.

Now I always try to look away whenever I'm pouring it in--otherwise you can be in a daze for weeks on end-- you forget to take out the trash, can't remember your name or where you live, that sort of thing.
grin.gif

Sounds like John only has only a mild case--he should be alright in a few days or so.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Rexman:

quote:

John may be suffering from "Redline hypnosis".
smile.gif

Watching this exotic witches brew come slithering out of the bottle for the first time can be a little overpowering. It's a mystical experience that completely mesmerizes you.

Now I always try to look away whenever I'm pouring it in--otherwise you can be in a daze for weeks on end-- you forget to take out the trash, can't remember your name or where you live, that sort of thing.
grin.gif

Sounds like John only has only a mild case--he should be alright in a few days or so.
wink.gif

It all sounds rather frightening to me. I'm glad I've not been exposed!
wink.gif

quote:

It all sounds rather frightening to me. I'm glad I've not been exposed!
wink.gif

The experience is actually a delightfully pleasant one--you open the case and see twelve pure white bottles sitting there, beckoning to you. Over and over, you read the words of wisdom on the bright red labels and become convinced that--YES!!--this IS the most wonderful oil in the whole wide world.

Then, in a trance, you take the bottles out to your car, admiring the nicely tapered bottle-necks--and marvel at how easily and silkily the magic fluid comes flowing out--like a lovely goddess of protection straight into your engine.

Now, as you are watching the oil flow from the bottle, the Redline goddess calls out to you--"come pscholte, come to me," she says in a seductive whisper--"come over from the Dark Side of the Force--
give up that vile green German stuff in those evil black bottles and become a true Redline Knight of the Jedi--come serve me and make me proud."

Am I giving you any hints here on how you can get hooked on this stuff?
wink.gif
grin.gif

[ October 05, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Rexman ]

I now know for sure I have found my place in the world, as this is definitely the place where the true motor oil nuts are!
grin.gif
cheers.gif

It is in a 2003 Camry with the 2AZ-FE 4 clinder. Seeing how it is going to be a winter cycle and the vechiles is going to be parked more then it is driven I will not be useing this oil for UOA. I drive this car dureing good weather but give it to the wife and kids once the seasons change.

My wifes driveing cycles and driveing style are so totaly opposite from mine that it would not be a fair test to compare the base line too.

So until spring arives Redline is getting a free ride! I will run a second OCI with redline in spring and will sample that run.

A fair test is using an oil in all conditions, that is the way trend analysis is done and how one can interpret the numbers long term. Sounss like trying to cook the results in lieu of getting true year round numbers, good or bad. Next time I guess I will only sample the oil when I drive 90% highway in the Spring or Fall and never exceed 65 mph. That would be a fair representative sample!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back