REDLINE Professional Series : Best for G.D.I. , D.I. ?

Yes , just discovered that from this video of REDLINE Professional Series 5w-30 vs. SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30 . Blackstone V.O.A.'s are given side by side . Video posted 8/25/19 . .

Last edited:
Yessir … just ordered a quart of the real deal white bottle for my new generator …
Site mentioned being ester based more than once …

I asked Dave and he told me their HP line uses POE in the range of 40%.

Yes , just discovered that from this video of REDLINE Professional Series 5w-30 vs. SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30 . Blackstone V.O.A.'s are given side by side . Video posted 8/25/19 . .

If he mentions it's just re-branded P66/Kendall, he likely got that from this site. I posted some PDS side-by-sides back in March of 2019:

If he mentions it's just re-branded P66/Kendall, he likely got that from this site. I posted some PDS side-by-sides back in March of 2019:

Technically couldn't RL Professional use a higher VI Base using Write Across without retesting or even changing the PDS with the same add pack?

I didn't say I believe that. I simply asked if that's allowable (my understanding may be flawed).

Technically couldn't RL Professional use a higher VI Base using Write Across without retesting or even changing the PDS with the same add pack?

I didn't say I believe that. I simply asked if that's allowable (my understanding may be flawed).

No, the PDS would change even if a write-across allowed them to skip the testing. The PDS sheets for multiple oils are absolutely identical and of course it makes zero sense to develop a new product when they can re-brand an existing one and capitalize on the name which it is obvious that this is exactly what they are doing.

No, the PDS would change even if a write-across allowed them to skip the testing. The PDS sheets for multiple oils are absolutely identical and of course it makes zero sense to develop a new product when they can re-brand an existing one and capitalize on the name which it is obvious that this is exactly what they are doing.

Like I said I didn't really think they where just wondered if they could.

I've noticed before the numbers for Edge and Edge EP are very close (within lot variation) and wondered if the difference could be as simple as a little addition to the add pack to make Edge into EP.

Like I said I didn't really think they where just wondered if they could.

I've noticed before the numbers for Edge and Edge EP are very close (within lot variation) and wondered if the difference could be as simple as a little addition to the add pack to make Edge into EP.

That's a possibility, sure.

Redline Professional is rebranded Motorcraft/Kendall.

Napa Synthetic is still on sale for $3.39/qt this month. It's Valvoline.

Redline Professional is rebranded Motorcraft/Kendall.

Napa Synthetic is still on sale for $3.39/qt this month. It's Valvoline.

Depends on the lube, P66 seems to have plucked examples from various product lines to re-brand as Redline Professional. The link I posted earlier shows the same PDS for a P66 Shield product as one for Redline Professional for example. It's a bit whacky, lol

Back