Redline price increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all oils, RL has gone up in price as well and is now $7.95qt. Still the best price for it. I picked up a new Amsoil Ea oil filter and was going to order more RL. My daily commute is going to get longer and the oil I end up using is going to be seeing some extended time in my engine from here on out....

That's what Advance Auto was charging 3 years ago. I just got a bottle "half off" for 3.95. Maybe you should do what I did and raid the clearance oils. I have enough gp III and IV synth to last the average person into their golden years. Too bad I drive a saab that threatens to seize if you run anything past 5k.

But if I had a non turbo, non sludger car, you can bet that Redline stuff'd be in the crankcase until the kids graduate high school.

I have a 3 and 1 year old....
lol.gif

Well, $7.95, relatively speaking, is still roughly average for Redline, compared to most stores' prices. I think we were rather spoiled at $7, as outrageous as that may sound.
blush.gif
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SSDude:
It's still worth the price.

IMO that depends on the vehicle RL will be used in. RL is a good oil, but in certain cars like my civic, i just cant justify spending $6 more per quart, and $24 more all togeather vs a dino/blend. From the uoa's ive seen on this site, its extended drain capability is questionable, the wear numbers it produces are no better than many other synthetics and dinos. If i had a high performance vehicle, then it'd be a different story.

Weird that a non-returning, non-paying ex-sponsor to BiTOG still offers a discount for BiTOG business. My hope a real Redline sponsor steps up and offers the same or better discount.

I think after the drought of RL (AA getting rid of it) it actually might pay for someone to do that again. Maybe the ex-sponsor "seeded" the environment and saw a temporary lull that yielded no new business and figured it just didn't do him any good to continue sponsoring. Now that there's 13,000 members ...they might rethink that position
dunno.gif

No sponsor carries Red Line. Don't know the answer to your other question. My local dealer/shop around the corner sells the motor oil for $7.95/qt. if you buy a case at a time (you can mix and match most anything you want). Gear oils are ~ $0.25 higher. I like my local shop!

I asked if thay carried R/L 5W20.. I think the next day they updated the site/price. Sorry
smile.gif

Roger,
bang for buck, Delvac 1 is prolly the best that you or I can buy.
M1 and Catrol true synths equal second place.
Amsoil a distant third.
Redline, RP and Neo some noise far out in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back