Redline price increase

Like all oils, RL has gone up in price as well and is now $7.95qt. Still the best price for it. I picked up a new Amsoil Ea oil filter and was going to order more RL. My daily commute is going to get longer and the oil I end up using is going to be seeing some extended time in my engine from here on out....

That's what Advance Auto was charging 3 years ago. I just got a bottle "half off" for 3.95. Maybe you should do what I did and raid the clearance oils. I have enough gp III and IV synth to last the average person into their golden years. Too bad I drive a saab that threatens to seize if you run anything past 5k. But if I had a non turbo, non sludger car, you can bet that Redline stuff'd be in the crankcase until the kids graduate high school. I have a 3 and 1 year old.... [LOL!]

Well, $7.95, relatively speaking, is still roughly average for Redline, compared to most stores' prices. I think we were rather spoiled at $7, as outrageous as that may sound. [Embarrassed] [I dont know]

quote:
Originally posted by SSDude: It's still worth the price.
IMO that depends on the vehicle RL will be used in. RL is a good oil, but in certain cars like my civic, i just cant justify spending $6 more per quart, and $24 more all togeather vs a dino/blend. From the uoa's ive seen on this site, its extended drain capability is questionable, the wear numbers it produces are no better than many other synthetics and dinos. If i had a high performance vehicle, then it'd be a different story.

I think after the drought of RL (AA getting rid of it) it actually might pay for someone to do that again. Maybe the ex-sponsor "seeded" the environment and saw a temporary lull that yielded no new business and figured it just didn't do him any good to continue sponsoring. Now that there's 13,000 members ...they might rethink that position [I dont know]

No sponsor carries Red Line. Don't know the answer to your other question. My local dealer/shop around the corner sells the motor oil for $7.95/qt. if you buy a case at a time (you can mix and match most anything you want). Gear oils are ~ $0.25 higher. I like my local shop!

Roger, bang for buck, Delvac 1 is prolly the best that you or I can buy. M1 and Catrol true synths equal second place. Amsoil a distant third. Redline, RP and Neo some noise far out in the distance.