redline price increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
today went to get some redline at this shop that builds nascar stuff..i was told that a letter from redline said in order to maintain the highest quality of all there products the oils are going up by a 1.24 per qt.that means i was paying 7.89 per qt.as of april 1st a qt. of 10w30 would cost me 9.13

Well... it's only a 15.7 percent increase.

So now, it'll get 15.7 percent more of that pesky lead and copper out of your bearings!
tongue.gif

But, REDLINE IS GOOD OIL~!!
banghead.gif
So I'm sure it'll still be worth the price.
wink.gif

Dan

All oils are going up. I believe Amsoil is having a 12% increase.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
..i was told that a letter from redline said in order to maintain the highest quality of all there products the oils are going up by a 1.24 per qt.that means i was paying 7.89 per qt.as of april 1st a qt. of 10w30 would cost me 9.13

I heard that from the dealer down the road from me a couple weeks ago. However, they said their price will increase less than a dollar per quart. I did not see the letter so I don't know how much RedLine is increasing.

Speaking of costs, shipping for a barrel of oil now costs an average of $430.00, which is generally 53% of product costs. This includes the 10.7% fuel surchage.

Specialty Formualtions is holding prices for now.

So when you order something over the internet, just remember that shipping costs are calculated "up front" and not hidden in the price of the product.

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Speaking of costs, shipping for a barrel of oil now costs an average of $430.00, which is generally 53% of product costs. This includes the 10.7% fuel surchage.

$10/gallon Molakule? How are you shipping the stuff, same-day air freight?

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
All oils are going up. I believe Amsoil is having a 12% increase.
smile.gif

No it is about 3%.

I looked at their current price of 0W-30 6.17 per qt( bought 4 gallon case at 98.80/case) vs
new price as of 4/1/05 of 6.36 per qt.

Spector,

The Amsoil price increase is 20 cents per quart for most of their oils, both for dealers and for suggested retail prices....

The price of the XL series, product line is unchanged.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back