redline meeting ford specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i been using redline 5w20-5w30 in my 07 mercury grand marquis and the rest of my fords...in redline's literature it doesn't say anything about meeting fords rating WSS M2C930-A...should i be concerned?

Short answer, no. Redline makes some of the finest oils you can buy. Long answer if an oil related problem arises you could have a problem with FMC honoring the warranty.

I have just changed oil in my 2003 Chrysler Voyager and used Red Line 0W-30 for the first time. I am completely out of warranty, but always like to use the "best" (for my application) oil I can find. I have read about many fine oils on this forum, but the Red Line grp V intrigued me the most.

The odds of a Ford service person being smart enough to even ask what brand of oil you are running is practically nill. One or two in a thousand might ask what viscosity oil you are using.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
The odds of a Ford service person being smart enough to even ask what brand of oil you are running is practically nill. One or two in a thousand might ask what viscosity oil you are using.

Speaking as a former Ford dealer Parts & Service guy I can say without doubt if the OP has an oil related failure Ford is going to ask what was used for oil. They will have the final say on an oil related issue as it will more than likely be a serious engine failure. IF that were to happen, and chances are slim with Redline, it will matter. Just FYI.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody

I don't think it is fair to group all service managers together like that. I agree that there are many who don't know and don't care what oil you are using, but there are also plenty who do.

When I bought our Navigator in to have a start-up engine noise diagnosed the first questions the service manager asked were "What brand & viscosity of oil are you using?" and "What are you using for an oil filter?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back