Redline lightweight shockproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTF Feedback:

I have a 7yr old, 170k Honda manual transmission that has some crunching sound when i sometime engage my reverse gear too fast.
I have tried RL MTL, shift is buttery smooth but still got the reverse crunch sometime so last week i decide to try RL LWSP, the shift is ok, not as good as MTL but the crunching is cured. no more crunching noise.
grin2.gif

No, it is ok when it is new but get the crunching now as it's older. LWSP solve the problem. This feedback is for ppl trying to solve their crunching problem can try LWSP.

I don't know a whole lot about the Redline shockproof oils. What is the viscosity of that one?

RL says this:
Quote:
A unique gear oil designed to lubricate racing transmissions and transaxles which see serious loads (not recommended for most syncro-type transmissions).

So I'm naturally curious why they say something like that.

What other fluids did you try? Amsoil MTF?

Clunking in reverse can be caused by clutch wear as well.

Try rowing thru 1st and 2nd before you engage reverse.

Shockproof contains solid calcium "dust" and I wonder how well it protects after the dust has been broken down into smaller pieces.

I've heard of people using Shockproof in syncromesh trannies, too, with good results. I just haven't heard from these owners many years down the road.

I go into 2nd or 4th gear before engaging reverse ... helps to line things up for crunch-free engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back